Freewing MIG 15

More
4 years 9 months ago #20191 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Freewing MIG 15
Decent electric flight "fuel" has suddenly got very expensive. Might be time to move on to turbines Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #20193 by John Bannister
Replied by John Bannister on topic Freewing MIG 15
when the Batteries arrive from HK you may be charged by the courier VAT and a fee for collecting it

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #20196 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Freewing MIG 15
I've just had delivered a "HobbyKing" taped box from, Belgium not Hong Kong. How odd! I've just been costing some big batteries. I used a 6S 1P 5000mAh 30C as a start point. Cheapest was £35.40, so I did the shuffle to 2 X 3S 1P 5000mAh 30C,
I thought they'd be cheaper. Nope.£46.88 for the pair, and you'd still have to buy the triple XT90 connector harness.

More
4 years 9 months ago #20197 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Freewing MIG 15

Brian wrote: , I thought they'd be cheaper. Nope.£46.88 for the pair, and you'd still have to buy the triple XT90 connector harness.

Make your own when it is raining/too windy while your sipping a coffee and munching a muffin.:lol:

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #20208 by Brian
Can't afford coffee and muffins. Saving up for a replacement battery for the squashed 3S 2200mAh from the MIG..
Its alright for you youngsters, doing a paper round for pocket money at my age is no fun at all.

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 6 months ago #25244 by Brian
Thursday October 7th 2021, not a date for the history books, but the day I saw Tim fly a Freewing MIG15. First flight was a bit perilous, but with reduced throws, the second flight was really smooth. These MIGs are difficult to pin down when it comes to getting reliable info to enable successful flying. The recommended 3S 1600mAh doesn't seem to work too well with the recommended C of G position. Robert Petrincic cures this in his amusing video by swapping the 1600 battery for a 3S 2700. Other videos of the model show it flying with no alterations to the original spec at all. Can all this be true? Does anyone have a definitive setup for the MIG? Perhaps I should put mine in a box, pop in a 1600 battery and the C of G, give the box a good shake and fly what comes out? I've been tinkering on and off for ages with a new Freewing MIG15, at the moment it is deeply anaesthetised in preparation for major surgery to fit a working rudder complete with additional servo etc. So far the only thing that seems to be common to all the MIGs seen flying is a really good level launch to get them away. Everything else seems to be shrouded in mystery. One thing I'm sure about now is the need for a working rudder. Being able to apply a touch of "top rudder" in a turn will surely help stop the MIG's tendency to nose down when turning.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds