Freewing MIG 15

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #20088 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Freewing MIG 15
The MIG is all complete apart from a 64mmEDF which I thought was coming from HK UK but is coming from HK HK. Drat!
The steaming process went OK, the nose is a bit shorter than it should be and rather more oval than round in section.
The Russian script under the cockpit, according to "Google Translate" reads "Old Wrinkly", which refers to me as well as the model. If you fancy a challenge, the Russian is pronounced "Staryy Morshchinistyy" (Not a lot of people know that)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #20089 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Freewing MIG 15
Nice job Brian. Mine is on route to Tesco. (New term for totally destroyed) Dave R's is not far off either.

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #20090 by Brian
Just "crushed" or was it a polystyrene snowstorm?

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #20091 by Phil Ford

Brian wrote: Just "crushed" or was it a polystyrene snowstorm?

Think of a banana fuselage with fold up wings, 2 blade fan, a receiver that disintegrated (no wonder I had no telemetry) and a lipo that looks like a Concertina. The only thing that survived was my upgraded 40 amp ESC amd the 4300kv motor. When my other half is distracted I may attempt to click the mouse again for a MKII. ;)

In retrospect the flight before the last one it was flying sort of strange, wanting to bank left and I was making some attempts to trim whilst the battle was in progress. The final flight it seemed to be okay and then ....bang
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #20094 by Brian
Doesn't sound as though a large pan of boiling water is going to help at all. The fan biz is frustrating, HK almost do a kit for the EDF but they don't have a suitable motor. I did manage to buy the last 64mm unit from a seller in Jersey. I pulled my busted EDF apart, bladeless rotor and case in three bits. Fortunately, whatever was jamming the motor has gone and it spins nicely. All I need is the fan unit from HK HK to finish the rebuild. Funny thing, the MIG seems to have a better write up than the F86 Sabre, the FMS MIG looks good, but at about 40% more than the Freewing version, and its only half the size, might be too easy to lose in the weeds, and its only Spektrum compatible.I wonder if the unavailability of 64mm EDF units is due to suppliers under stocking, or fliers busting too many?

More
4 years 9 months ago #20096 by Phil Ford
Strangely enough Brian I have two, yes two spare EDF motors for 64mm fans.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds