Sabres and Migs and stuff

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #2760 by AlanF
Sabres and Migs and stuff was created by AlanF
There was some talk on Saturday about resurrecting some EDF jet “fun” flying. Now I’m a complete novice as far as this is concerned but it strikes me as an entertaining way to while away an hour or so and I’d like to give it a go. Is anyone else interested? So, does anyone have any thoughts about whether there is something in the HobbyKing line-up (ie cheap and cheerful) that might fit the bill ? I’m not necessarily suggesting we re-start the cold war but :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #2763 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff
Alan, the MIG 15's were popular as they had simple shapes approx 85$, a couple of Panther F9Fs, they flew well too. And of course Sabres. All about the same price. Definitely factor in a tube of UHUPOR :dry: ,. 1000mah LiPo and a cheap RX and your ready for combat. In the good ole days it was called "Scramble"...... :lol:

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #2764 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff
There's a couple of potential candidates on the Hobbyking website, but being new to this I'm not sure whether they would do the job.
There are others which are fibreglass with retracts etc which I guess would not be suitable. There is a lovely Hunter but it requires a 5000mAh 6s lipo - totally unsuitable of course but it looks lovely.

Just a thought but I wonder if any of the leccy experts would chip in and suggest a suitable airframe and power set
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by AlanF.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #2765 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff
Alan, go with F86 and MIGs in EPO foam, hand chuck jobbies. Problem at the moment with HK is most of the popular stuff is on back-order.. :(

For looks try www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__12...er_Jet_EPO_PNF_.html
or colourful www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__12..._EPO_Plug_n_Fly.html or my favourite although my version was slightly bigger once, :lol: www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking/store/__13..._EPO_Plug_n_Fly.html

Other than that I dunno, lack of choice at the moment on HK
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanF

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #2769 by Dave Rogers
Replied by Dave Rogers on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff
The great thing with the migs and sabres was that they didn't have pointy noses that could easily break off, the only similar thing at the moment I can find is this....
www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__4292...F_UK_Warehouse_.html
It's seriously ugly though but does that matter if we are all flying at each other or formatting on each other!

I will keep searching
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Dave Rogers.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #2770 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff
Lets face it anything is going to be ugly after the first couple of flights :) . I quite like the look of the Goshawk Phil pointed out but its bit pricier and its got a plastic dose. Is hobby king the only source this stuff?

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds