Sabres and Migs and stuff

More
9 years 8 months ago #2964 by simondean
Replied by simondean on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff
As far as throws are concerned I once asked that very question and the reply I got from a very respected club member was UP a BIT and DOWN a BIT so I should just take a good guess !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #2966 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff

simondean wrote: As far as throws are concerned I once asked that very question and the reply I got from a very respected club member was UP a BIT and DOWN a BIT so I should just take a good guess !!

Sound advice thanks Simon, I've got some up and down and 5 sets of rates with assorted throws and expo and a pmix on a slider to add some more up or down and flight conditions to add some more of what I haven't got and its all linked to some switches which I will never find when I'm in a panic - so I'm sorted :cheer:

More
9 years 8 months ago #2967 by Dave Rogers
Replied by Dave Rogers on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff
Not sure I can make it today now :(. Be carefull though I tested my servos and they are really naf! I'm gonna swap them both out for some hextronic ones I have lying around that I know are good enough. Good luck

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #2970 by AlanF
Phazer maiden flight completed successfully – hand launch with about ¼ power gave a clean getaway with no torque roll. Applying power gently gave a nice clean climbout. With initial guessed control movements the roll rate was very fast and full up elevator in a turn gave a viscous tip stall. I’ve ended up with +- 15mm elevator and +-10mm aileron and 50 % expo on both; it flies quite nicely with that. With power off it glides well and low speed handling is good but has a tendency to climb on full power. Tried a solo hand launch, which nearly ended in disaster but got away with it – just. I’ve modified my wing tips by jettisoning all my electronics at about 50ft although it doesn’t seem to have affected the handling in any way -this mod is optional. With the stock setting it’s not particularly fast it could definitely do with a new ESC and a 4s and when the stock motor blows a new fan set-up. All in all a fun little plane ideal for a bit of combat flying. Servos performed faultlessly.

Oh and thanks go to Chloe for help in setting up, wreckage retrieval and general gluing duties
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by AlanF.

More
9 years 8 months ago #2971 by Dave Rogers
Replied by Dave Rogers on topic Sabres and Migs and stuff
So are you happy with it Alan? Glad you got it? Sorry I wasn't there, hopefully next week

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #2972 by AlanF

Dave Rogers wrote: So are you happy with it Alan? Glad you got it? Sorry I wasn't there, hopefully next week

Very happy, it flies really well. I would definitely go for the kit version and fit it out with a better ESC at least ( mine melts the glue on the Velcro) and maybe an alloy fan but 4S without a doubt. As a PNF its good cheap fun. Recommended.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds