Airworld Hawk 1:4.5

More
8 years 3 months ago #7908 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Airworld Hawk 1:4.5
That picture of all Dave's air tanks! He reports that he's

Getting there with final retract plumbing

The sight of all that plumbing and opportunity for air leaks makes me even more relieved that I decided to go fully electric with the Vampire undercarriage - both for brakes and retract mechanism. If it wasn't for the fact that I'll still need an air pump for my Boomerang's old fashioned Spring Airs I could have used it for noseweight in the Vampire, it'll be needing something about as heavy as that with it's battery!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DaveBright
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #9087 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Airworld Hawk 1:4.5
So, after a little flak at the weekend for the time it's taking to get this finished and flown.....I'm back on it. Since my last progress on this thread we have moved house so a reasonable excuse (just not so for the previous year!) anyway.... I cannot figure out what my plan was for the plumbing of all air lines so I'm back to head scratching and tracing each line...should have it sorted soon, then onto turbine install.
It can be my only aero focus as I have no further room to work in!

Anybody else have progress being made on new turbine projects? (Hints dropped)
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by DaveBright.

More
7 years 10 months ago #9089 by DavidTappin
So all ready by Classic Jets on Friday week then Dave?

BTW, I'm impervious to dropped hints, I've had lots of practice over the last three years.

• DaveBright
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #9093 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Airworld Hawk 1:4.5
If I didn't faff.....but I like to faff! - thanks for your email. I like the ready2fly venom and yak130.... Distributors or finding somewhere in stock is a task!
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by DaveBright.

More
7 years 10 months ago #9095 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic Airworld Hawk 1:4.5
Dave, suggestion 1: Simplify the air system by using one large reservoir - I have a soda-stream drinks maker and the CO2 canister is a really decent size and thickness to weight!
Faff''ing is part of the jet scene dude - I have spent at least 100 hours f'ing with steerable retracts over the last couple of months- and I love it :P (sad git).

More
7 years 10 months ago #9102 by DavidTappin
Me too! perhaps not 100 hours trying to trace that elusive air leak in my Boomerang's undercarriage, but it certainly feels like it. Sad to think that when I've converted the gear to electric I will have robbed myself of faffology having already removed the other opportunity to faff by converting the turbine to kero start.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.383 seconds