Winter is Coming

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 7 months ago #6342 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Winter is Coming
Come on guy's ! Surely some one is going to bash some balsa this winter ,the smell of freshly cut balsa who can resist.much better than watching the rubish on the tv.
I didn't have much planned this winter in the way of building but I have been asked by a club member if I was interested in building a model for him and of course I accepted the build.lm sure he will chip in with the details of the model to be built.As it happens I built the same model for a chap a few years ago and made many modifications to get the weight down as the original was very over designed and it flew very well as I did the test flights for him aswell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 7 months ago #6344 by
Replied by on topic Winter is Coming
Currently covering my mustang, just cant be bothered to upload some pics!!! :lol:

should look something like this!!
Attachments:

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #6346 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Winter is Coming
Chris, look forward to seeing it in the flesh. Will it be this 2016 or the year after? :lol: Lets us know on the maiden so I can capture some more images for the website.

Seriously though, I had thought of doing the same with my Mustang but could not bear the thought if stripping off the printed H9 film. :unsure:

Did you decide on a motor? DLE20 went in easy enough but linkages are a bit of a slight challenge.

If that image is true to the aircraft, looks like they have moved or inclined the gear forward of trailing edge........ :unsure:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #6349 by
Replied by on topic Winter is Coming
You should strip the film off, it comes off really easy....like there is no glue there at all!!! :lol:

Power is YS110 (all i got for now) and on a Hyde mount to keep vibration down, stuck some mighty mini servos in the tail for ele as the standard push rod was rubbish, pull-pull for rudder to save some weight out of the tail.....CG is looking good at the moment as well!

Wings are fully rebuilt and now has a better leading edge rather than the slab it had before!! :sick: :lol:
Also took the chance to re design the gear mounts, so now the wheels are in line with the LE, and from the tests i have done with the engine fitted and some weight on the nose it looks like it’s going to handle pretty well on the ground.......hopefully!!!!!

Just going to take a while to cover it, don’t have much time to get on it and i hate covering...so yeh maiden is 2016 some time!!!! :lol:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by .

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #6352 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Winter is Coming
Although Voodoo a stunner, a bit of challenge covering wise.... ;)

I'll probably get it maidened first before having a go at re-covering. Maybe something a bit more simple aka Blue Thunder.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 6 months ago #6354 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Winter is Coming

chris.m wrote: Currently covering my mustang, just cant be bothered to upload some pics!!! :lol:
This thread is useless without pic's :P

should look something like this!!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds