Frsky - Taranis

More
10 years 4 months ago #1012 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Frsky - Taranis
Um! So why is he dumping it on the market already? :huh:
Maybe someone should contact him and try to extract why selling so soon!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #1013 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Frsky - Taranis
Hey, Phil. I think we get it...you don't like the sound of the Teranis and won't be buying one. But how about leaving your negative comments off this thread because I don't believe it is helpful for anyone who is considering buying one. Now, if anyone has first-hand negative comments that's fine. I've been using FrSky modules and receivers for a couple of years without issue and have followed the Teranis thread on RCGroups for a long time too. FrSky does not have a reliability or quality issue. Yes, the case will feel plasticy next to a top of the range JR, but if you compare it with a transmitter of similar price it will feel just as good. As for the components...if you think that JR/Spektrum are using superior components in their kit then I honestly believe you are wrong...the DX6i was recalled due to failing pots and the scroll-wheel is a known weak point, for example.

For the record, the guy selling is an ex-WMAC member and slope glider pilot. He uses a MPX Evo transmitter and gave the Teranis a go and decided it was not for him. This was taken from the BMFA website, so we cannot be sure what he means by this

More
10 years 4 months ago #1014 by Phil Ford
Mike - I am not trying to rack up negative comments but purely because when you outlay hard earned cash you just hope you have made the right purchase.

I like that fact that the Taranis is "open source software" and what it is capable of doing. I may purchase one yet. When making a choice that involves relatively large money everyone should read all the facts and small print first. What I have previously written is no more or no less than I would say at the field or in the pub.

More
10 years 4 months ago #1015 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Frsky - Taranis
Fair enough, Phil. I just thought that 4 posts from you in this thread and all of them with some degree of negativity was a bit excessive considering you have never seen any FrSky in the flesh.

More
10 years 4 months ago #1017 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Frsky - Taranis
Having advised of a Taranis for sale on the BMFA website I was somewhat surprised that it created so much comment.
To balance things off : I have been using a FrSky module in my Futaba FF9 Super with 8 channel FrSky receivers
for about 2 years without any problems. Models ranging from aerobatic, vintage and gliders almost out of sight at 1,200ft.
Including the one recently advertised for sale I am aware of two others, one guy preferred the European type tx ( tray type )
and the other guy could not get to grips with the programming.
It will be interesting to hear Mike's talk this Friday evening - could be a lively Q & A session.

Regards

Colin.A

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #1018 by Phil Ford
Unfortunately I can't make it to the meeting tonight but hopefully someone will post up some of the main points. ;)

Another issue I have is the transfer of 14 models(at present) from DSX9 to either Taranis or JR 11X. After a fair bit of surfing it appears it may have to done manually.. :whistle: :(
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds