Frsky - Taranis

More
10 years 5 months ago #723 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Frsky - Taranis
Can't believe how cheap this TX is....and the receivers too. :ohmy: The wonders of Open Source Software I suppose. JR case and mechanicals though?

Maybe I am a "stick in mud" but couldn't envisage me putting something treasured and expensive in the air on FrSky. May be one day someone will prove otherwise!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #724 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Frsky - Taranis
Mike - That's very interesting, I'm using non - telemetry rx's but the tx module has
telemetry function by switch selection. Switch 1 & 2 off for tel, 1 off & 2 on for non-tel.

With the tx module in tel mode it does not produce an audiable warning when in range check.

Guess the audiable warning must come from the telemetry receiver bit which I don't have.

Phil - Oh ye of little faith - loads of FrSky in use with positive reports.
Mike's talk on Jan 10th will be worth listening to since he has also had input on the mechanical side.

Regards

Colin.A

More
10 years 5 months ago #725 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Frsky - Taranis

4Pedalsfly wrote: Mike - That's very interesting, I'm using non - telemetry rx's but the tx module has
telemetry function by switch selection. Switch 1 & 2 off for tel, 1 off & 2 on for non-tel.

With the tx module in tel mode it does not produce an audiable warning when in range check.

Guess the audiable warning must come from the telemetry receiver bit which I don't have.

I have the toggle switch module which came out after the dip switch module. The toggle switch has three positions, 0ne-way, two-way and firmware update. Much easier than the dip switches.

I guess they changed the firmware to include an audible warning when in range check mode when they went from dip to toggle. On mine, you go into range check mode by holding down the push button for 4 seconds and the red LED turns green and the module makes a noise. To get out of range check mode press the button again for a second.

More
10 years 5 months ago #726 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Frsky - Taranis

PhilF51 wrote: Can't believe how cheap this TX is....and the receivers too. :ohmy: The wonders of Open Source Software I suppose. JR case and mechanicals though?

Maybe I am a "stick in mud" but couldn't envisage me putting something treasured and expensive in the air on FrSky. May be one day someone will prove otherwise!

No need to wait until "one day". FrSky has been around for several years and is already proven.

Regarding the JR case and mechanicals...Mike can tell us more with his talk, but I believe the mechanicals are not the same.

Mike

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #728 by
Replied by on topic Frsky - Taranis
Looks like I bought the right TX then because I don't own anything expensive !!!!

It arrived today so will be getting it sorted over the next couple of weeks. Will let you know how I get on.

Tom

More
10 years 4 months ago #753 by MikeB
Replied by MikeB on topic Frsky - Taranis
The Taranis beeps and displays the RSSI value when in range check mode. In normal flying there is a voice warning when the RSSI is getting low.

During development, FrSky were prompted to fit 'proper' gimbals. They developed good quality, ball bearing gimbals.

Phil: I've seen quite a few reports of 'expensive' radios having interference problems and FrSky just working at the same site.

Colin A: I think you have that the wrong way round. My DJT module beeps in range check mode when in telemetry mode, but doesn't beep in non-telemetry mode when in range check mode.

There's a whole forum for the open source firmwares , and lots of info on the Taranis there.

Mike.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.442 seconds