Tx and Rx advice for newbie!

More
10 years 4 months ago #791 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Tx and Rx advice for newbie!
Hi Dan
I went down the dx6 route as it seemed cheap at the time, but very quickly out grew it and had to upgrade, I personally would wait a bit longer and save up for something decent, that way you only have to pay out once
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #798 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Tx and Rx advice for newbie!

DanLegg wrote: Mike: What sort of price are you looking at for the FrSky Teranis?

BRC Hobbies = £170

Giant Shark = £168

T9 Hobby = £165

My maths might be out a little but these prices are for tx with one 8-channel receiver. Additional receivers will cost under £25 for full telemetry capabilities down to under £15 for non-telemetry 4-channel receivers.

I reckon that if you have 3 or 4 models it will be cheaper to go the FrSky route due to the cheaper receivers. If you only ever have one or two models ready to fly it will be cheaper with the DX6i.

What you won't get is the ability to buddy box with the JR/Spektrum guys, but from what I've seen you don't really need this anyway.

Mike

• Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #805 by
Replied by on topic Tx and Rx advice for newbie!
on the Rx cost, I have a number of Orange DSM2 compatible. These are as cheap,or cheaper than Frsky. Having said that, i agree about most finding 6ch restrictive once we get a little way into the hobby.

Stuart

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #811 by
Just put my self on a wait list for the frSky.
So far people are recommending 8 channel radios with the frSky as one of them, which other radios would be a good buy (taking cost into consideration)

More
10 years 4 months ago #816 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Tx and Rx advice for newbie!
According to Richard, T9 have quoted three weeks till they receive the next batch

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #823 by
Yeah I emailed T9, and Richard got back saying 2 weeks. Either way yeah there is a wait time but two weeks isn't too bad. He has also put me on the wait list for one!

Think it may be the route I go due to the number of channels for the money - Plus it seems to do what all the others do and a bit more by the sounds of it. (I may be entirely wrong).

Cheers all for the advice - Looks like I will have a proper RC transmitter - Know one will ever know i'm flying a cheap toy when its in the sky now!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.514 seconds