Open TX

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 6 months ago #14069 by Phil Ford
Open TX was created by Phil Ford
As suggested I have started an OpenTX thread for those that are interested so we can share and gain knowledge together.

The following radios and radio boards are compatible with OpenTX. - www.open-tx.org/radios

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14074 by
Replied by on topic Open TX
I think with any discussion or questions/solutions we should be clear about both the radio being used and the version of OpenTX. This should also be taken into consideration when posting eepe files and anyone wanting to do a copy and paste from another persons eepe file to their own.

I notice that Phil has recently allowed eepe flies to be attached to forum posts.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14076 by
Documentation for OpenTX

Version 2.19 - openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8724
Version 2.2 - opentx.gitbooks.io/manual-for-opentx-2-2/content/

Download for version 2.19 (OpenTX and Companion) - www.open-tx.org/2016/09/15/opentx-2.1.9
Download for version 2.2 (OpenTX and Companion) - www.open-tx.org/2017/05/30/opentx-2.2.0

OpenTX is the software running on the radio.
Companion is software that runs on your computer that allows you to program the radio, simulate the radio, backup the radio and view log data.

You do not need Companion to program the radio, but it does make it quicker to set up and has other advantages for backing up, updating etc.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by .

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14077 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Open TX

Chris001 wrote: I think with any discussion or questions/solutions we should be clear about both the radio being used and the version of OpenTX. This should also be taken into consideration when posting eepe files and anyone wanting to do a copy and paste from another persons eepe file to their own.

I notice that Phil has recently allowed eepe flies to be attached to forum posts.

Yes to above, but prefer them in a folder and zipped
Thanks for posting the links Chris.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14082 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Open TX
For info here are some images of Companion in use. You select from option boxes, etc what you want to do and it then writes the command.
Image 1: Simulator of TX Start Screen/Model Selected
Image 2: Another page chosen - screen lights up blue (if selected in radio set up) when sticks or buttons are pressed.
Image 3: Outputs to Channels
Image 4: Input Commands.

Note this program is still "work in progress".

The word "Weight" is amount of servo travel by the way. Why couldn't they have said ATV?
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #14085 by
Phil,

For clarity could you edit your screen grab of 'inputs'. Your radio has four main inputs i.e. the sticks, Throttle, Rudder, Elevator, Aileron. It is confusing and in error to have as you have done, a 5th input for aileron. The same goes for flaps, that is unless you have two inputs for them, but as the lines are identical, I assume you are using a single switch, in which case it is one input, i.e. the switch. This is where you need to think logically, I.e. I have one input but need it to drive two servos, so I need to set up two outputs from the single input.

If you hope to build a Wimborne MAC OpenTX resource, I think it would be wise to ensure that it is clear, easy to understand, logical in its progression and as accurate as possible. If your intention is to have a home where people can ask questions then fair enough, as I don't really see how a local resource to us is going to be any better than the resources created by the bigger OpenTX community. I'm not really sure what you want to achieve with this thread as you seem to be trying to build a resource, without having actually got to grips with it yet, I admire the enthusiasm :) but I think it would be wise to keep playing in companion and when you have your radio back see how that works out in real life. By all means ask questions and discuss how you've managed to get it to do something so that we can all learn.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.478 seconds