Open TX

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago #15304 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Open TX
I have done all that John. I did not use the config tool, I used the LUA script directly in the TX. Here you can calibrate and also configure all the advanced settings. My problem is the fact that when turning off the Gyro,(ie; for taking off) the rudder goes over to one side. Not a good idea.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #15308 by Phil Ford
The rudder issue resolved. Reflashed receiver, then went back into LUA script for configuration. Initiated self test again and voila! Had to go back into "outputs" to reverse elevator direction. On plugging in power with th eplane at wings level or slightly nose up the blue led on the RX flashes instantly and after gyro is initialised the ESC gets switched on. This is correct.

Just one more issue left. Stabilise and Auto Level appear to be working but is ignoring the switch position that says Off. I don't really want the Gyro in operation at take off.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #15309 by
Replied by on topic Open TX

PhilF51 wrote: Stabilise and Auto Level appear to be working but is ignoring the switch position that says Off.

Oh, I don't know Phil, maybe it know best ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago #17901 by
Replied by on topic Open TX
LiPo battery checker script

I've just tried this Lua script out:

www.craftandtheoryllc.com/lipo-battery-c...nis-x9d-x9d-and-x9e/

For it to work you need one of the flight pack voltage sensors.

I know the information is readily available on a telemetry screen, but I thought this graphical interface was better.

With the two scripts in there appropriate folders on the SD card I just selected a pre-existing model and set up the script as per the instructions.
Attachments:

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #17916 by Phil Ford
Chris, here is my version. Total pack volts with cell volts. Programmed to voice me when Lipo pack voltage is at 22v and also at minimum (critical) I did try "Bars" but find this easier to read. If you have a cell that is always slightly low you can set it up to monitor that cell and warn you of whatever parameters you have set.
Can do so much with Open TX. ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 5 months ago #18348 by Phil Ford
Another "just job" done. Upgraded the Taranis X9D to premium gimbals,.all metal with hall sensors. The gimbals have been gathering dust for a quite a time since Brian encouraged me to get some. They have a really nice smooth action but a bit of a pig to install. They are a very tight fit compared to the plastic ones that came out. Recalibrated the sticks and done. :)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds