2nd Elevator Servo for 7 Channel Receiver. Futaba

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 9 months ago #17051 by
Trouble is gentlemen, this particular model came from Horizon with a receiver/gyro installed as standard because they thought it would be too "frisky" for your average top gun gung-ho rc model pilot! It's definitely a potential trouser wetting experience for the likes of me to fly without one I'm afraid. I tried!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #17052 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic 2nd Elevator Servo for 7 Channel Receiver. Futaba
Simon - If all else fails , see if the gyro functions o.k on the Y lead option.
John B did predict the problem.

Colin
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Bannister

More
5 years 9 months ago #17053 by Chris73
Have you double checked the C of G, tail heavy would make it feel really twitchy, also check the expo you are running

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #17054 by
Thanks guys for the advice. The c of g is bang on. I'm running minus 50'/, expo on all surfaces with the control surface movements turned right down. Maybe the answer is to use the Y lead with the newly acquired gizmo to get the offending servo to come to the party.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 9 months ago #17060 by
DECISION MADE! The die is cast, Y lead on the gyro/receiver, gizmo installed to make the elevators work together. Happy days, we hope. Gyro seems to work in correct directions, up to an appropriate responsible adult ( Tim Sulley ) to fly the Fury and check it out! However, grateful thanks to JRI for your input, I now have some sort of understanding when it comes to programming my tx.
Simon O

More
5 years 9 months ago #17063 by Chris73
50% expo is a lot, this could also make it feel really twitchy, I will explain next time I see you Simon
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds