Pilatus PT6 Turbo Porter - Renovation

• throttletothewall
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #14323 by throttletothewall
Replied by throttletothewall on topic Pilatus PT6 Turbo Porter - Renovation
Dave,

The Prop is a Biela carbon scale prop, not sure of the size as the markings are all scale (see pic) but I will get around to measuring it at some stage. May put a wooden three blade prop on for initial test flights in case of any ground strikes, until I have got the hang of the model etc.

Bill had used the computer D plugs because there are two servos plus LED wingtip lights and he obviously wanted a single plug/socket. I ordered from Nexus a Powerbox ready wired and sealed Multiplex plug loom (bit expensive but having been bonded and sealed should withstand the constant plugging and unplugging), which I will cut to the correct lengths and then add the JR servo plugs/sockets to the cut ends. I will then use a separate JST or JR plug and socket for the lights.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• throttletothewall
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #14324 by throttletothewall
Replied by throttletothewall on topic Pilatus PT6 Turbo Porter - Renovation
Have spent the last 24 hours making new mounts for the air tanks and the fuel tanks as there were none for the air tanks and the fuel tank ones were less than neat or robust. The old tank mounts took some removing as they had been glued in with hard Balsa triangle strip, using some sort of quite brittle epoxy resin.

I have sealed the new mounts with a couple of coats of Eze Kote resin. I plan to make all mounts and fittings easily removable as in my experience gaining access for maintenance to all the complex systems in turbine models is an absolute must.
Attachments:

More
6 years 6 months ago #14334 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Pilatus PT6 Turbo Porter - Renovation
Thank you for showing the renovation work on the Pilatus.I was interested in the new connectors you're using , they'll solve my problem with plugging/unplugging all the connectors in my two piece fuselage for the Hannibal. I never thought of using those. Thanks again.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14339 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Pilatus PT6 Turbo Porter - Renovation
These versions of the multiplex connector look exceedingly good with a built in cable restraint.

www.nexusmodels.co.uk/emcotec-mpx-6-pins...-pairs-a86010-4.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: DavidTappin

More
6 years 6 months ago #14341 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Pilatus PT6 Turbo Porter - Renovation
Pretty steep for two plugs! For my small electronic projects I am using JST headers and female plugs, these have a positive lock. Alternatively if you are happy with soldering Molex make numerous "latching" single or double row connectors with 1.5A or 3A capable pins and cable support. 4 to 24 pins. A Molex header is about 0.65 ea and plug similar. Depending on the Header style you don't have to fix it into a PCB/Vero board although I would.

That's my four pennies worth...;)

More
6 years 6 months ago #14344 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Pilatus PT6 Turbo Porter - Renovation
Peter, I do like those powerbox/multiplex jobbies, they seem safe and secure.
I went with these in the end for the Hawk www.ukjetshop.com/store/c9/Housings.html as I needed something capable of plugging/unplugging 4 servos per wing at once.
Jeleous a little of the Mercury..... it was released about a month after I'd finished the install of a PB Competition SRS, iGyro SRS and separate door sequencer!! I seem to recall its smaller overall too!

Really looking forward to seeing this.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.530 seconds