BAe Hawk slope soarer by PJ Models

More
6 years 3 months ago #15185 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic BAe Hawk slope soarer by PJ Models
The fin will be easy to replace. A few symmetrical ribs and 1/16 sheeting to keep it light at the back in order to avoid having to add too much nose weight.
The Hawk is such a popular subject that it must be possible to buy one somewhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #15187 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic BAe Hawk slope soarer by PJ Models
Chris - Worth a look at Vortex Vacforms ( Leicester ) they have a extensive range of canopies & possibly
made them for P.J. Models.

Hope this helps.

Colin.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #15188 by
Thanks Colin, You're right they have a Hawk Canopy that looks like it might be a perfect fit.

Mike, I half toyed with the idea of just making the fin one thickness, but it's got to be shaped.

More
6 years 3 months ago #15190 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic BAe Hawk slope soarer by PJ Models
Looking forward to seeing this progress. I have an old PMC/LMC Hawk kit waiting to do something with one day. Originally for IC prop but sloped might be a quicker alternative! One day.... I’ll await inspiration from your quick build thread Chris :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 3 months ago #15193 by
I don't think it will be much of a build thread Dave, but there might be some moments when I need help... the instructions and plan seem to allow for some interpretation!

More
6 years 3 months ago #15195 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic BAe Hawk slope soarer by PJ Models
Without diverting from the main subject, I have this pile of ............. I bought ages ago off a certain member who shall remain nameless and is cluttering up my hangar. ;) I had thought of stripping it out and converting to PSS. Or measuring the dimensions and copying the build's layout build a dedicated one from scratch. (I have took recently a delivery of some thick sheet balsa that could be used for the wings I believe this Hawk was from an old kit too and has done the rounds within the club. :unsure:
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds