Provost

More
8 years 11 months ago #4468 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Provost
This is going to be a very interesting build Pete, but please don't take too long over it, I can't wait to hear Frank's super Saito radial on song!

I saw a brand new Provost at Cranwell when I was there on a CCF school summer camp in 1953, they were just coming into service. A memorable week, flew in Chipmunks (low flying over the fens with the fishermen shaking their fists at us for spoiling their fun). Also flew in a Prentice and did a navigation excercise in an Anson. Happy days!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 11 months ago #4471 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Provost
That will be really nice with the radial upfront nice and scale.Soon as I have been over to see frank and discussed his requirements it will be full steam ahead, really looking forward to this build.Even the wife is happy as she can sit and watch all the crap on the TV in peace

More
8 years 11 months ago #4477 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Provost
Look forward to following the build thread, it will be great to see your Hurricane & the Provost flying in formation
Colin.A

More
8 years 11 months ago #4478 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Provost

flyingpete wrote: ..... it will be full steam ahead....

Apt language as we're talking about Frank! I too would like to see the build thread then have a go when it's done! :)

More
8 years 11 months ago #4481 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Provost
Definitely interested in this, as many piccies as you can muster and lots of 'how to' detail as well. Looking forward to seeing and hearing this in the air.

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4512 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Provost
Ok guys here we go.Went over to franks today shame he is still in hospital, but met his lovely wife.Kevin and Dave T were there doing some work on his workshop and they pointed me in the direction of the superb laser kit.frank has had cut and the wood pack for the wings.
model specs are
1:5 scale
Span 84.5"
Weight 18-24 LBS
power 2.0 cubic inch upwards
designed by Jerry Bates
I will do a full build thread from start to finish,and can't wait to get some glue flowing.
I'm thinking of making the wing in three sections as this would make it easier to transport and less chance of the.dreaded hangar rash.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by flyingpete. Reason: text
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanF

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds