New 50E F3A

More
7 years 3 months ago #11835 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic New 50E F3A
????

Are you trying to change the subject Chris??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #11844 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic New 50E F3A
No, I don't think so, but he has a valid point though. ;) Too much aerobatic this and aerobatic that, vertical climbs to infinity, etc, etc. :lol:
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 months ago #11845 by
Replied by on topic New 50E F3A
Hi Chris, I don't know why you'd think such a thing :whistle:

With thanks to JRI who kindly called for me, I can say that from my experience today it's not as easy as it looks to fly 10 simple manoeuvres in sequence, let alone trying to refine it with some of the more subtle nuances like having a consistent base level or centering the the manoeuver in the center of the box. :pinch:

Oh, and John as I got the feeling you didn't believe me, so have a look at item 7, part 2 subsection 3 of the F3A Take-off & Landing Judging Notes: Possible downgrades

7. Model bounces on touchdown 1-2 points.

www.gbrcaa.org/acrobatfiles/Take-off_and_landing_2015.pdf

More
7 years 3 months ago #11846 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic New 50E F3A
As you mentioned it earlier, my warbird had its maiden flight today, I know you were impressed Chris :cheer:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 months ago #11847 by
Replied by on topic New 50E F3A
Yep it was a beautiful thing to behold and almost as exciting as watching Jon and Mitch fly their control line planes. As much as it grieves me to say this, they do unfortunately beat you to first place, based on the fact that they can actually loop their plane. ;)

More
7 years 3 months ago #11851 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic New 50E F3A

Chris73 wrote: As you mentioned it earlier, my warbird had its maiden flight today, I know you were impressed Chris :cheer:

We were all enthralled and spectated in awe Chris in defending the imaginary carrier.

Shame though that Gromit decided to favour the "Dodgy side" instead of the warbird action. :lol:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds