Sebart Wind S 50E

More
6 years 7 months ago #13787 by DaveBright
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #13790 by
Replied by on topic Sebart Wind S 50E
By the way Chris, did you use Savox servos? If so, which ones please.
Thanks
Simon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #13795 by
Hi Simon,

No I shelled out for the HV versions of the JR Servos they recomend, but it was not exactly a satisfying experience, three went back, and took a very long time to get returned to me!

If I were to do it again I would go for the Savox servos, I think JRI has put these in my spare plane that he's holding on to for me, while occasionly pretending to do some F3A practice. ;)

3x Savox SC-1251MG
2x Savöx SH-1250MG

There are recommended for the MythoS on Hacker's site and I believe the recommended servos for the WindS and MythoS are the same.

Or, and this is just from memory, I think MacGregor brought out a range of 'wide voltage' servos that seem competitively priced compared to the Savox and a bargain compared to the JR servos... I always meant to check to see if they were similar specs to the the JR's, so it might be worth having a look.

I've attached a pick of the enlarged slots in the tail.

Am I remembering correctly that you've got an Extreme Flight Motor and ESC for it?
Attachments:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #13796 by
Great memory there Chris, yes you are quite right. Thanks for the info on the Savox. And the tail slot detail.

More
6 years 7 months ago #13797 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Sebart Wind S 50E
Simon - Lots of good information to get you going.
I have the Angel 30 E - which is set up for F3A aerobatics, slow gentle rolls & graceful loops, forget about the 3D business
& enjoy yourself with graceful pattern flying.
The Sebart models are. very light & Angel 30 E flies on a 3S - 2,300 LiPo.
Colin and

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #13800 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Sebart Wind S 50E

4Pedalsfly wrote: I have the Angel 30 E - which is set up for F3A aerobatics, slow gentle rolls & graceful loops, forget about the 3D business
& enjoy yourself with graceful pattern flying.
Colin

B) Spot on.

Simon, you will get lots of advice, some useful and a small amount not so useful. Regarding "what is recommended" for any model. Matter of choice but I take it that the maker done a deal with the suppliers or vice versa, of power train and servos hence "recommended". Therefore I have always looked for alternatives with similar specs and invariably a lot cheaper and just as good. Our Club WOT4s. Eflite motors? Hacker? No & no. Turnigy SK3. Excellent motors - half the price!

Me? Servos? my choice Hitec 5xxx series HV
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.421 seconds