Planes I Should Get

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #14489 by
Replied by on topic Planes I Should Get
Hi Jacob, I can bring my models for you to try with an instructor another weekend, no problem.
Simon O

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14542 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Planes I Should Get
A quick update. I was able to fly Simon's Sensei and Wooden Wot4 on Monday. The Sensei is a lot of fun and it would be possible to learn a lot of aerobatics with it. It's a very stable model and can be thrown around without too much worry. The Wot4 is a more powerful/faster model and also a lot of fun. Also able to learn a lot of aerobatics with it and it will do them more precisely. Being a heavier model it would cope with stronger winds too.
If either were to get broken (they will get broken...it's inevitable) the foam model would be quicker and easier to repair but will look 'repaired'. A bent foam model is also very difficult to straighten. The wooden model is more difficult to repair but can be made to look good afterwards with covering. A wooden model can be straightened during the repair too, so it will still fly 'true'
The Sensei is cheaper to set up then the Wot4. Simon gave a ball park figure of £150 for the Sensei with 3 batteries vs. £200 for the Wot4 with 3 batteries.

I hope this helps a little?
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #14543 by
Thank you so much, i will look at both moddles and decide what moddle and i will inform you when i have decided.

Thanks Jacob

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #14571 by
Hi, it's Jacobs mum here. Just to say I've been looking into the cost of the trainer plane options and want to check I'm including everything that would be needed to get Jacob flying. He seems to have his heart set on the wooden WOT 4 but this set up does seem a lot more expensive then the foam model. I spoke to someone at Sussex Model Centre today and they gave me the following prices and info as to what we will need to get.
For the wooden WOT 4 plane and set up:
WOT 4 plane £111.50
Quantum 40 brushless motor £32.99
Speed controller £32.99
Servos x 3 £30.00
14.8v 4500? battery £52.45
Hardware pack £21.99
Charger £42.50
Decent radio controller £200.00
TOTAL £524.42

Next month they are getting a WOT4 foam plane complete with electric motor

WOT 4 foam plane complete with motor £132.50
Battery £16.99
Charger £42.50
Decent radio controller £200.00
TOTAL £391.99

Any comments?!? Also any suggestions on make/model of a decent controller?
Many thanks,
Nicola

More
6 years 6 months ago #14572 by simondean
Replied by simondean on topic Planes I Should Get
Hopefully Phil f ,mike S or Dave R will post before too long as they always seem to find good deals on hardware.!!

More
6 years 6 months ago #14573 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Planes I Should Get
Hopefully Simon can advise what equipment he uses, but £52 is a lot for a battery. Most of us buy batteries from HobbyKing. Here is one suggestion.

hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-compact-4500mah-4s-35c-lipo-pack.html

The bad news is that he would ideally want 2 or 3 batteries so that he can keep flying instead of watching the charger all day.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds