Planes I Should Get

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #14457 by
Replied by on topic Planes I Should Get
Hi Jacob
When you had your flights at the scouts visit, you flew my Sensei foam trainer. I find that model the easiest model to fly and to my mind is a great first model. You had a short flight with my Wot4 on your earlier visit but it was a bit of a handful as the winds were quite strong. I suggest you try my Wot4 again on my buddy box with one of the instructors. I think that you will find it may be suitable as your first model now that you have had a few flights with Mike. Let me know if you can go to Cashmoor on a Saturday with fair weather conditions and I will bring it with me.
Simon O

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #14458 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Planes I Should Get
Alternatively there is WOT4 - e. In Stock if the webpage is believed. Best to ring or email these websites to confirm. See here; www.tjdmodels.com/ripmax-wot4e-mk2-artf-...d=14870&type=product
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 5 months ago #14460 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Planes I Should Get
Hi Jacob - The WOT 4 - E is a great model - comes fully kitted out and uses a low cost 3S - 2,200 LiPo.
Suggest you take up Simon's kind offer & test fly both his suggestions so you can get a feel for both under the
same conditions.
Spare WOT 4 - E parts are also readily available.
Regards
Colin.A

More
6 years 5 months ago #14463 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Planes I Should Get
Just to clarify that we are discussing two different Wot4's here. The FoamE comes complete with motor, speed controller, servos, etc. It can be flown a few hours after opening the box once you've fitted your receiver and programmed the transmitter. The Wot4 E Mk2 is a wooden model and needs motor, speed controller, servos, etc to be purchased as well and then they need to be fitted. There are good arguments for and against each approach.

The Sensei foam trainer is also a fine model and worth considering.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14465 by simondean
Replied by simondean on topic Planes I Should Get
I would second mikes opinion on the sensei.I have flown Simons model several times in different conditions and it flew really well.Its also really easy and predictable to land which is a confidence booster when learning.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14468 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Planes I Should Get
I'd like to get the chance of flying the Wot4 FoamE and the Sensei on the same day and also to be able to fly them like I stole them (hint, hint). The Sensei is definitely the best trainer of the two, but by the time Jacob has his own model flying he might feel that he is beyond the 'trainer level' and I wonder if the Wot4 would suit him better.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds