New Model, first adventure into petrol

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #11926 by
Hi Kevin

Really interested could i see it at some point, i am off this week ?

Simon

Is it suitable for me as first time into petrol, what are the engines like would i be better off trying it before i put a dle in it ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #11927 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic New Model, first adventure into petrol
Hi Simon
Please give me a call on 01425 620553 tomorrow to discuss.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #11928 by
Will doo

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #11929 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic New Model, first adventure into petrol
That looks like a bargain Simon.

Don't know anything about Roto engines, I would suggest you do a bit of research. Having said that, Frank was a skilled engineer so I'd be surprised if he hadn't done his own research before choosing to buy one.

Kevin

Are you sure that's a Great Planes kit, from a search, the GP one had a different colour scheme?

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by JonTappin.

More
7 years 2 months ago #11930 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic New Model, first adventure into petrol
Hi Simon, the AcroWot XL is a reliable choice. However, being an ARTF it isn't quite as robust as a kit built model.. A bit of reinforcement around the U/C mounting and fitting nylon U/C screws will give a model able to survive "arrivals" that are less than perfect. I don't have any experience of the AcroWot XL, but I've flown a kit built AcroWot for many years, and I'm currently refurbishing my kit built XtraWot. It really comes down to what you're comfortable with. The Wot family tend to be "safe" rather than exciting, but as long as the model stalls predictably, flies inverted without excessive forward stick and recovers from a spin on demand, you won't go far wrong. Good luck and enjoy your choice of model.

More
7 years 2 months ago #11931 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic New Model, first adventure into petrol
Based the description assuming these instructions to be relevant - Simon is going to have a look so we'll confirm exactly what it is when i extract the model.
Several guys at Beaulieu swear by (not at) ROTO engines especially for scale models ITRO 7kg They have superior build quality to DLE but probably don't match the power .which i have explained to Simon. I think it will adequately do circuits and mild aeros which suits his entry into Petrol. If he wants more power in the future it could be re engined with a DLE 35R or larger.
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.520 seconds