AeroTech Pitts Python 50cc

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #17410 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic AeroTech Pitts Python 50cc
There is always a compromise with exhausts between noise suppression, scavenging (the latter more discerning in two strokes) and power. The bog standard DLE muffler is bit of a bean can so I bought a lovely polished aluminium silencer on Ebay at a good price. But in use I personally thought it sounded worse but at least it looked good. So, swallowing the fact of wasted pennies I looked around for something decent that would fit. The OS stuff had good reviews so checking the dimensions I splashed out on the GT60 muffler. Fits perfectly and is of thick gauge ally and internal baffle suitable for the engine size. It now sits in the CAP232.

Silencers are a science in themselves.

Of course RipMax is now owned by Slough RC but anyway they said they could get it to me within two days. I paid top whack though. :( Coming Friday morning though.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #17449 by Phil Ford
Spent some more time on the Pitts today after sorting the CAP232 carb and idling issue (I think)

Cowl now drilled and T nuts installed so it can be fitted. Image shows temp fitment. Clears exhausts nicely and maybe just a little dremelling for the spark plug. May also have to cut a slot in the lower front of cowl so air can flow over the cylinder head. Unfortunately the air scoop underneath won't fit without serious hacking so pointless. Tank installed and plumbed in. These Extreme Flight tanks are superb. Waiting on some bits, aka kill switch, RX batteries now. Next job will be setting up the interplane struts and brackets.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #17467 by Phil Ford
After deciding that Cashmoor was going to be very difficult to access (2 hr long queues on A354) I went back to working on the Pitts. The RX batteries came today along with Opto Kill Switch and little bags of 3mm machine screws and rubber-backed washers. Installed fuel filler, illuminated power switch and Opto Kill Switch and LED. Tidied up the interior after deciding that the Power distribution has only one place to go. The open space in the floor is to allow access to the lower wing bolts.

Then had to pull out the tank again to again to access the strut bolts and re-tighten.:(

If it is staying dry tomorrow I will get the Pitts out in the drive so I can dry fit wings and see how much weight and where is needed to balance it. I am hoping the two lipo packs will do the job but I have a feeling I may have make up a battery tray that sits over the tank. We will see!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaveBright

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #17473 by Phil Ford
Yes Dave B. It is finally out of the box after 4 years.:whistle: Hope your engine is still good too. ;) Been in the carrier bag for three an half. :lol:

Wing Tube Mod. Anyone got some 4mm x 10mm RivNuts? I could get some from RS but only in 100s in a bag. :blink: I need probably 8.

More
5 years 8 months ago #17474 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic AeroTech Pitts Python 50cc

Phil Ford wrote: Anyone got some 4mm x 10mm RivNuts? I could get some from RS but only in 100s in a bag. :blink: I need probably 8.

I got some rivnuts from Kays Fasteners earlier this year. Ten in stainless will set you back less than £3.00 and it's free shipping. Mine arrived in about 2 days

RIVNUTS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #17479 by Phil Ford
Thanks Mike. Found Kays on Ebay. Ordered a pack of 4mm Rivnuts and also a pack of type D threaded inserts in 4mm. This gives me a choice on how the upper wings and wing tube are secured with minimal screwing, etc. Total cost £5.95. :)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds