AeroTech Pitts Python 50cc

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #17509 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic AeroTech Pitts Python 50cc

Brian wrote: No, it doesn't look like an ugly ЯК.

:lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #17580 by Phil Ford
Flying wires. I have ran out of the wire supplied with the model. It is more heavy duty than usual stuff. Measuring it comes out at 0.8mm or 0.032 ins (32 thou) No idea what it is wire gauge. I think it is stainless and possibly coated.

Can someone point me in the direction for this wire please.

More
5 years 8 months ago #17581 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic AeroTech Pitts Python 50cc
Your wire is almost 20SWG (.036), but that doesn't allow for the nylon coating. I'd try a fishing tackle shop that sells "Trace Wire". As a bonus, its a lot cheaper than model shop's "Pull-Pull" wire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

More
5 years 8 months ago #17582 by John Bannister
Replied by John Bannister on topic AeroTech Pitts Python 50cc
Phil I've got some green coated trace wire 23.5 thou green 20 kg as Brian says fishing tackle shop.
You are welcome to some of this if any good .

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #17583 by Phil Ford
Thanks John. I need nice shiny steel wire. Got some from a fishing tackle shop as suggested. Took a piece with me because they only talk about weight and breaking strain. ;)

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #17587 by Phil Ford
Managed with a struggle to get the Pitts down the stairs without any damage to decor and plane. :whistle: Once outside I could trial fit wings and struts. Not too bad, a little sanding of lower wing slots. Fuelled her up and flicked and flicked, nothing. Plug is good. The engine has been in a Tesco carrier bag for around three years in a dark corner of the garage. I probably expected some issue. One thing to try if it's the flappers stuck - squirt neat fuel down the carb. A few more flicks and it fired. Choke back on, a few flicks and fired. Off choke and four flicks and it's running. Let it warm up and get it oiled up. throttle response is good (I had already set a likely curve). Runs sweet, idles down well too. :whistle: That'll be a relief for Dave B who I bought it from.:lol:

With that sorted I have gone over all flying wire anchor bolts with Loctite. My next task is to baffle the Cowl. The cylinder head sits behind the bottom of the cowl so need to force oncoming air past the engine fins. I will blank the left side as seen from front and also across the top. I have some white board stuff, about 6mm thick and smooth finish on both sides. Very light, inner core looks like compressed epo.

Can I use this? and if so how what glue to fix it with in cowl?

Thanks.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Phil Ford.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds