Cashmoor warbird fleet size increase

More
5 years 1 month ago #19187 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Cashmoor warbird fleet size increase
Why would you want the choke on, but ignition off, how will you know when it is primed??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kevinross
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #19189 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Cashmoor warbird fleet size increase
I dont approach starting petrol engines any different to glow ie get the motor wet before applying the ignition source.

so - pos1 -Full choke & full throttle flick to get the engine wet - pos 2 choke & ignition & flick to fire and immediate pos 3 -
engine normal.

This is a scale model with limited ability to fit a mechanical choke lever.

More
5 years 1 month ago #19192 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Cashmoor warbird fleet size increase
Re-lights and flaps. Could've done that using the flap channel to electronically switch lights on. Strange you want the lights not on together as position or landing lights. I could've set you up with a small module that switches as flaps are moved but if no signal it could either switch lights on or off. Originally my Twin Otter's landing lights switched on when the flaps were moved. However, if I had not moved them they were switch to tell me I have lost signal no RF signal!

• kevinross
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #19195 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Cashmoor warbird fleet size increase

Phil Ford wrote: Re-lights and flaps. Could've done that using the flap channel to electronically switch lights on. Strange you want the lights not on together as position or landing lights. I could've set you up with a small module that switches as flaps are moved but if no signal it could either switch lights on or off. Originally my Twin Otter's landing lights switched on when the flaps were moved. However, if I had not moved them they were switch to tell me I have lost signal no RF signal!

i tried electronic switch but it required > 50% ATV to switch off and the flap channels only require 45% from neutral to fully retracted - so mechanical switches was the only way -

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds