CAP232 Breitling

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4953 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic CAP232 Breitling
Cheers Jon. Just had an order from Hobbyplastic for some Secraft deluxe wing bolts. I never noticed those servo arms further down the accessories page. Oh well, it can wait till Monday/Tuesday to order 1 inch metals. That'll give me one to one pull ratio.

I like Irvine too, have used them for sometime but I did not think there was enough metal on their lightened backplates to drill out for 4 bolt prop drive. I'll have to have a rummage thro my stock. :lol: Your right, 3 1/2 inch spinner 89/90mm is the size I am looking at to fit. Tru-Turn are nice , expensive and Probuild have not got any in my size.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #4956 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic CAP232 Breitling
There's plenty of meat in the backplate for 4 bolts, my MVVS is 6 bolt and that's fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4982 by Phil Ford
Two 89mm spinners turned up today. A black and a red one. The Red was not a bright arterial red as I thought so hacked away at the black. Seemed like all morning nibbling away but finally and after some adjustment to the 4 mounting holes in the backplate - Presto. Pity the prop ain't black but the spinner looks like it is supposed to be there and at scale or thereabouts.

Thanks Jon for pointing me in the right item. ;) Really pleased

Servo arms. I'll stick to the Hitec HD plastic ones for now seeing as the surfaces are all set up.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
8 years 10 months ago #4983 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic CAP232 Breitling
Phil wrote

Pity the prop ain't black

You don't need permission to paint the prop black Phil, to scale the back of the blades would probably be black anyway.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #4985 by Phil Ford

DavidTappin wrote: Phil wrote

Pity the prop ain't black

You don't need permission to paint the prop black Phil, to scale the back of the blades would probably be black anyway.

:lol: Okay then. Should I just prime it lightly with dark grey and followed up with satin black acrylic car aerosol. I suppose I should lightly wet n dry the varnish surface first.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #4990 by Phil Ford
With some difficulty managed to get it out of the kitchen and into the drive so I could attach the wings and check C of G. I think it is a little tail heavy but I could not hold it for long enough. When I am more fit-n-able I'll have another go... ;) No rush anyway because it won't fit the van ... :(
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds