• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #19604 by AlanF
Freewing EDF Group was created by AlanF
I can say no more. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #19608 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Freewing EDF Group

AlanF wrote: I can say no more. :)

Does this mean you have joined the Jolly Roger team? Still shows two available. :unsure:
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Phil Ford.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #19609 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Freewing EDF Group

Phil Ford wrote:

AlanF wrote: I can say no more. :)

Does this mean you have joined the Jolly Roger team? Still shows two available. :unsure:

Who can say, Aerobertics made it very difficult to complete the transaction, eventually it showed 1 remaining for a while and now says 2. My paypal has sent the dosh so if necessary I have a friend who can swear in French teed up to present my position. That said I've noticed that Jolley is spelt with an 'e' and now my enthusiasm is waning. :(

Actually I do have this:

Thank you for your order from Aerobertics. Once your package ships we will send you a tracking number. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account.

so all is not lost.:unsure:
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by AlanF.

More
4 years 10 months ago #19610 by Phil Ford
Thumbs Up! :lol:

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #19613 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Freewing EDF Group
The 'e' in Jolley is not a chinglish mishtake as I first thought:

The President of the United States of America, authorized by Act of Congress July 9, 1918, takes pleasure in presenting the Silver Star to Captain Clifford Dale Jolley (AFSN: AO-732008), United States Air Force, for gallantry in action against an enemy of the United Nations while serving as Pilot of an F-86 Jet Fighter of the 335th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron, 4th Fighter-Interceptor Wing, FIFTH Air Force, on 4 July 1952 in Korea. Leading a flight of F-86s protecting friendly fighter bombers in the Sakchu area, Captain Jolley sighted two MiGs and, positioning himself, damaged one of them before they escaped across the Yalu River. Later, Over Sinuiju, Captain Jolley was attacked by four MiGs, during which time he was wounded and his aircraft damaged. However, he regained control, destroyed one MiG that was attacking his wingman, and drove off another. A few minutes later, Captain Jolley damaged another MiG in a brief encounter. While proceeding out to sea he received a distress call from his wingman. Captain Jolley immediately made a 180 degree turn to his wingman's aid despite the face that he was wounded, and his aircraft badly damaged and very low on fuel. Before overtaking his wingman he was advised the wingman had headed safely out to sea, so Captain Jolley returned to a friendly island, bailed out, and was rescued by friendly aircraft. As a direct result of his superlative airmanship and quick thinking, one MiG was destroyed, two MiGs critically damaged, and he diverted a fierce enemy attack on his wingman in the second encounter of the day. Through his heroic gallantry in action against determined enemy opposition, Captain Jolley reflected the highest credit upon himself and the military service. great credit upon himself, the Far East Air Forces, and the United States Air Force.

More
4 years 10 months ago #19614 by Phil Ford
Well done Alan to correcting the uninfomed. You obviously had nothing to do when you got home and did not hit the beer bottle as previously advised. Unfortunately, I did attack the bottles as shown by my WhatsApp messaging - gobbledegook :lol:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds