Back to Basics

More
2 years 7 months ago #25084 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Back to Basics
Brian - Re SIG 4 Star - If I may suggest , ditch the "Y" lead & plug each aileron into a separate channel.
You can then easily fine tune each.
Regards
Colin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 7 months ago #25085 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Back to Basics
Thanks Colin, unfortunately due to scrimping on the outlay for a new receiver, using channels 1 and 5 for the ailerons isn't possible. The receiver is an FrSky V8R4-II and has only four outputs. I think I'll have to use it in the MIG15 which needs less channels. The SIG 4 Star is only a knockabout model anyway, although it could be useful for trying out different FrSky receivers. Unfortunately they cost a bit more than the £14 or so I paid for the current one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4Pedalsfly

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 7 months ago #25086 by Brian
This morning I finished setting up the SIG 4 Star 20. The only thing left after adding expo and switchable rates was to add the voice warnings on the "Arm" switch. Yesterday I'd completed most of the programming, so without thinking, I refitted the propeller and spinner. We all know that the prop should be removed before fiddling around with the electrics switched on. I assumed (wrongly) that the arming switch was operating correctly. At switch on the transmitter advised that the "engine" was disabled, with the throttle closed I flipped the switch to "engine" enabled. The ESC gave a cheerful beep or two and promptly went to full throttle. The 4 Star shot across the lawn only stopping when it hit the garden wall. The one piece wing is now definitely a two piece arrangement, and the motor needs a new shaft. Order's in to Overlander, hope the replacement won't take too long.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #25087 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Back to Basics
Special functions! See my lines using Switch SF on file attached. ;) Lucky you were not at the front end Brian. This is the set up for my Stinger EDF.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

• Brian
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
2 years 7 months ago #25088 by Brian
Thanks Phil, I used your previous info to program the switch. I don't know quite how the addition of voice to the arming switch caused the mayhem this morning. Yesterday the arming switch functioned perfectly, in fact I found it a bit spooky that a simple switch in the right position could disable the throttle, but it did. After adding the voice today, and the scary power up and crash into the wall, I took the damaged motor out, and repaired the wing. Checking through the Taranis program, I found that somehow the throttle had been reversed, hence the leap across the garden. I can only be thankful that only the motor and model were damaged. This afternoon I fitted a temporary replacement motor, although it might be OK as a permanent fixture. Now "armed" and "disarmed" are true statements since I checked and rechecked the program. All tested and ready to go, how lucky can that be?

More
2 years 7 months ago #25089 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Back to Basics

Brian Jackson wrote: . Now "armed" and "disarmed" are true statements since I checked and rechecked the program. All tested and ready to go, how lucky can that be?

I would not rely on luck as you have used one lucky strike already. ;) I wondered if you maybe had throttle reversed although default usually works unless someone has played around with the settings. :P Anyway at least it is flyable again and you are not suffering from slash injuries.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds