Curare 60 E

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #22006 by
Curare 60 E was created by
I've long admired the Phil F and Jon T examples of the Curare when I've seen them up at the field. I always thought although very pretty and looking great in the air were a tad expensive as an ARTF kit.

In case you are unaware of this classic model, it was designed and flown in the 70s and 80s to great effect by Hanno Prettner, an Austrian modeller and F3a competition champion many times over. He amassed many F3a competition victories over a period of more than 10 years with his Curare model aircraft.

I noticed an unstarted kit for sale in the BMFA Classifieds a couple of weeks ago but called too late, it had sold.
So I decided to advertise that I wished to buy an unstarted Curare 60 ARTF kit on the BMFA Classifieds last week.
I had one reply from a chap in the midlands. Negotiations commenced and were completed at a price I thought was sensible, and lo and behold, it's arrived!
As a bonus, a brand new set of Jetcraft tricycle retracts complete with legs and wheels were included in the box, which I hadn't expected to be included in the deal ( I now have a set of Tricycle Eflite 60-120 retracts that I had already acquired at a good price spare! I'll save them for another day)

I already have a set of Savox servos, 80 amp ESC and then I managed to acquire an Extreme Flight 60 size motor which I wanted to use but we're difficult to locate

So, here we go!
Phil F has assembled two of these models and has agreed to guide me when I struggle to see how it goes together.

What a change it's going to be from cleaning/polishing cars and tackling chores that Mrs O keeps coming up with.
Simon O
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago #22008 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Curare 60 E
That's your weekend sorted then :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 1 week ago #22009 by
Replied by on topic Curare 60 E
And some!

More
4 years 1 week ago #22010 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Curare 60 E
Nice one Simon, really must get mine back in the, air once this madness is over!

More
4 years 1 week ago #22011 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Curare 60 E
You're lucky to have the retracts included. These alone are worth about £130 - that's what I paid for mine about 4 years ago.

More
4 years 1 week ago #22012 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Curare 60 E
Great deal there Simon - Look forward to following the build thread.

Colin.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds