Curare 60 E

More
4 years 1 week ago #22024 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Curare 60 E
Rudder and elevator servos. My Curare GP's throttle servo (micro type) is custom mounted elsewhere to how Jon's is. This leaves the front servo hole for the rudder pull pull. My EP Curare rudder and elevator servos are mounted the same as the GP. to allow clearance for the pull pull wire and wire couplers, the elevator servo is raised up slightly on some ply pads. There is very small clearance between the servo arms and the side of fuselage.

Flaps/Snap flaps I did the same as Jon had except I used collets to secure the bent wire - also makes it easier for adjustments rather than keep unclipping the clevises. See images.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #22032 by
Replied by on topic Curare 60 E
CURARE WEALTH WARNING!
If you read the article Jon wrote, you may be tempted!

Think twice before you read the excellent article that Jon wrote and has attached to this forum subject about building, setting up and flying the Curare!

Having the components of the model spread out in front of me and reading the article that Jon wrote has inspired me to get on and assemble it.

Jon, if you still feel inspired to write another excellent piece, please write a user manual for the Futaba 18MZ transmitter!
Futaba MZ owners world wide will be so grateful! You never know, you could have a best seller on your hands to rival the Harry Potter books. :unsure: :ohmy:
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by .

More
4 years 1 week ago #22035 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Curare 60 E
I appreciate your kind words Simon, however I've only ever written about stuff I kind of understand, Futaba programming is definately not one of those subjects!!

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #22036 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Curare 60 E

JonTappin wrote: Futaba programming is definately not one of those subjects!!

And nearly all of us too!

You will love the Curare Simon. No more worrying about high winds, cuts thro 'em, so no excuses. :lol: Certainly got a bargain there though with retracts included. Of course that is depending how much you paid for it. ;)
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by Phil Ford.

More
4 years 1 week ago #22049 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Curare 60 E
Phil - You will probably get the same answer Susan got when she saw the big box delivered !!
Simon must have great domestic negotiation skills to be adding such superb aircraft to his fleet.
Looking forward to seeing 3 Curares flying in formation.

Colin.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #22054 by
Replied by on topic Curare 60 E
I find saying £49.99 usually attracts a lesser degree of horror when I'm asked of the cost of most models! However, I did have to apply a slight increase to the price I acquired the Boomerang Elan for.

When I'm asked these indelicate questions, I often refer to the galactic range of shoes and hand bags that Mrs O has acquired. The conversation thankfully normally moves on to more mundane subjects from then on.
It's all a matter of scale Colin
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by .

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.444 seconds