Curare 60 E

More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #22079 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Curare 60 E
I was going to ask about that. 500kv on 6 cells could be props from 13 to 15 easily. Try 12 x 10 as a starter but if you have the clearance you might look at a 13 inch to get the power the motor can deliver. Trial n error as usual.
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #22080 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Curare 60 E

Phil Ford wrote: I'm using 660kv on 11x10 prop. Does that mean my Curare is hot too? ;)

I've not tried that prop on my 660. I am using a 12x8 for 80A.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #22081 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Curare 60 E

Phil Ford wrote: I was going to ask about that. 500kv on 6 cells could be props from 13 to 15 easily. Try 12 x 10 as a starter but if you have the clearance you might look at a 13 inch to get the power the motor can deliver. Trial n error as usual.

A 13x10 on the 500kv motor gives very similar performance to the 660kv motor on a 12x8.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #22082 by
Replied by on topic Curare 60 E
I will see how the 12x10 looks, if it's too tight to the ground I can always make a small change to the touching point of the nose wheel to the fuz and get another 3 or 4 mm in the nose wheel leg length, if you know what I mean
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by .

More
4 years 1 week ago #22083 by kevinross
Replied by kevinross on topic Curare 60 E
Hi Simon
Just been trawling thru this thread and notice you have more stagger between the flap torque rods than Phil and due to geometry differences moving through different arcs, this wil create different angles at full flap.
This may or may not introduce some roll when deployed but if it does a simple solution would be to programme a flap to aileron mix . so start studying your futaba manual !!
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 1 week ago #22084 by
Replied by on topic Curare 60 E
That's a bit of a concern. The torque rods were installed at the factory and the flaps were pre drilled ready for the torque rods so I'm not sure how to correct the issue other than programming in the Tx as you suggest.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.517 seconds