Great Planes Extra 300S

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #2550 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic Great Planes Extra 300S
You have to look at it from the right angle honest :unsure: Yes its all come out a bit heavier than I was hoping, at 36 ounces the OS is a bit of a lump but there is no shortage of power. Be interesting to see your Bipe with a petrol up front.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by AlanF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #2551 by AlanF
So here is what it looks like today:

The cowl is unfinished and as it's ABS may never be !!

Trial flights will be without the cowl as the engine is still new, luckily the CoG came out just right without the cowl fitted. She's come out at just over 9lbs without the cowl which is a bit disappointing especially as the cowl, unpainted, weighs in at over 6 ounces.

I'm planning to use a single 2000mAh LiFe running both RX and ignition to save some weight. So far I've done all the ground running using a 4.8v 1200mAh which seem to be fine so long as you keep the battery topped up.!

So apart from a bit of needle tweaking and general tidying up, its ready for a maiden on Saturday - maybe :ohmy:
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by AlanF.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #2553 by
Replied by on topic Great Planes Extra 300S
Hi. Your new toy looks fab, I love the colour scheme, Bet it sounds great.

Hope you get it in there air soon...

Simon

More
9 years 9 months ago #2555 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Great Planes Extra 300S
Looks great, Alan. Did you cut the graphic by hand or did you send them off to a vinyl cutter? If hand-cut, I'm very impressed...I know how difficult it is to get abstract shapes looking the same both sides.

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanF

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 9 months ago #2560 by AlanF

simonbloke wrote: Hi. Your new toy looks fab, I love the colour scheme, Bet it sounds great.

Hope you get it in there air soon...

Simon

Thanks Simon, Yes it doesn't sound too bad - not too noisy although it's not tuned for max power yet :evil:

Hope to maiden Saturday but I'm not rushing it.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 9 months ago #2561 by AlanF

MikeSeale wrote: Looks great, Alan. Did you cut the graphic by hand or did you send them off to a vinyl cutter? If hand-cut, I'm very impressed...I know how difficult it is to get abstract shapes looking the same both sides.

Mike

Thanks Mike, Yes the Profilm was cut by hand although not mine - My Sister in Law did me a whole series of designs based on my Union Jack brief, the best ones sadly were outside my abilities to implement although I did consider sending my favourite of to a vinyl cutter, and my Mrs scaled the chosen design and cut out the film. All I did was iron it on, in that respect I was the weak link in the chain. It's not too bad from a distance but doesn't stand up to close inspection.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds