Pepsi Chipmunk Build

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
7 years 6 months ago #10399 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Looks like you will be ready for a 7 min wing covering soon Phil B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #10403 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Starting to get quite reasonable at this covering malarky, Pete. Not got a lot of choice in reality. No Oracover 10 white and Probuild are out of stock (according to website) so I can't pick up some tomorrow. I'll have to order online from RC World which won't get here till Tuesday. :(
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #10625 by Phil Ford
Pepsi has been neglected recently and I had lost momentum....... ;) due to "maintenance" of other stuff and ruddy cold.

Rudder and elevators installed. Canopy cut out ready to be painted . Covering finished. Front end underside hatch area completed and sanded down till cowl just slides over nicely. OS engine on order.

On the down side I have noticed an error. :( The fuselage blue forward line should match up with the wing when installed. I followed the dimensions in the manual and the wing don't! Looks like I will have to recover leading edge of wing to match. :( Out by 1 inch........
Attachments:

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #10643 by Phil Ford
Being a bit cold in the conservatory yesterday, Tuesday, I only got the rudder and elevator servos in. With the very slightly milder weather today and the OS engine turning up early now to get on with more stuff. Cut down a set of DLE30 stand offs to 50mm and then drilled them out to 5.5mm. Made up aengine mounting template from the plans and compared it with OS dimensions. Firewall drilled for the 5mm spike nuts located on the inside. With 5mm spike nuts on the inside of the firewall I could now use long HT stainless bolts to secure the engine. Any settling of the mounting can easily be cured from the front.

With the engine fitted it was time to cut out the cowl to fit. The Pepsi cowl is more streamlined compared to Pennzoil Chipmunk so I had no guidance from the latter, so a bit at a time cutting, trial and error, etc.. Done now though. Phew!

Apparently, my wife says I have got to be done by Christmas because she wants her conservatory back to start off next years crops. They don't understand that some things must not rushed, measurements are critical, holes have to drilled..... :(

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
7 years 6 months ago #10644 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Looking great Phil B)

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #10731 by Phil Ford
Just for the fun of it....... :lol:

Here is Pepsi with Pennzoil's wing. I was actually working on the Pennzoil wing but needed somewhere to park it whilst cutting new covering film. (Limited space)

Pennzoil wing shows the new Oleos that David T bored out for me. They worked yesterday. :)
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds