Pepsi Chipmunk Build

More
7 years 5 months ago #10843 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Progressed quite a way now with another wet windy day. :( Better stay in a get a bit more done.

Tank finally located and plumbed in. Ignition module fitted. Battery tray created from ply which also serves to secure back of tank. Receiver temporarily installed until I can connect everything up and rebind, setting fail safes. Opto Kill switch fitted. Throttle servo is a Hitec mini mg under battery tray on custom bracket. (as per Pennzoil)

Canopy (painted last week) now temporarily fitted pending detailing inside cockpit, although I have gave it a main instrument panel (scaled down photo of a DH Chipmunk MK22 and also need to locate a suitable 1/5th scale "idiot" to pilot the thing. ;) Transfers placed on fuselage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
7 years 5 months ago #10844 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Nice work Phil B) Hopefully if the weather is good at the weekend I can get the wing back to you!!

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #10845 by Phil Ford

flyingpete wrote: Nice work Phil B) Hopefully if the weather is good at the weekend I can get the wing back to you!!

Hopefully at the weekend Pete but not desperate (got to fit the new floor in the Wots Wot so she is flyable again)

XC Forecast is showers for Sat then Sunday partly sunny. if XC follows it's form, by the end of the week Sunday's weather will become Saturdays. ;) Hope I haven't jinxed it already......
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
7 years 5 months ago #10847 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Let's hope so Phil,as we need to see Mr B's hawk fly before we all get too old :whistle: Plus I need to go solo on the panther before I get too old B)

More
7 years 5 months ago #10848 by Phil Ford
:lol: Or he hits "middle age" first :evil:

More
7 years 5 months ago #10849 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build

flyingpete wrote: Let's hope so Phil,as we need to see Mr B's hawk fly before we all get too old :whistle: Plus I need to go solo on the panther before I get too old B)

That's a challenge for Saturday then :)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds