Pepsi Chipmunk Build

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #10880 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Given the Wots Wot some time today fitting in the new floor which for some reason would not fit as per the first check. :( Anyway my fingers too cold. Retired into the conservatory and the heater. ;)

Pepsi prop on and the spinner well and truly hacked until it cleared prop. What else can I get done? Cut four 25mm wide strips of Oracover, 2 red and 2 blue. Iron and stretch on to the fuselage. Now the fun! Eight stars on each strip, dreading this bit because the sticky is one hit or nothing. Done! :whistle:
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #10966 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Back to the wing now a correction had been made to the gear slots. Thanks Pete. :)

Sunday saw me removing all the white centre band to make way for a new band 25mm wider which "hopefully" will mean that the blue leading edge colour will now match the blue line on the fuselage or near enough. ;) Also I will make a better job of covering it too. Completed cleaning up and managed to get the underside white in place.

Monday, got the centre white band topside on and a lot better job, although I was on tender hooks using the heat gun to stretch it over the wing tips. With that all done managed to get the underside blue on too and this time I got a much much better finish. :)

.Wednesday, it was 11am before I got motivated but now have the top side blue in place and pleased with my efforts. Used Covertex to help stick down the the white middle band that aligns with the fuselage on bottom side, a grp wing joiner bandage. Sponsor lettering now on starboard wing but I have left the port side till later when I feel I can get it right. the lettering seems to be attracted to me and anything else wearing any man-made fibres which makes it a right pain the ass to apply as it seems to have mind of it's own. :(

Notice in the images the excellent facilities I have to work in and then only till end of December when it becomes a greenhouse for seedlings..... :lol:
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
7 years 5 months ago #10967 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Looking really good Phil

More
7 years 5 months ago #10968 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Nice Phil

More
7 years 5 months ago #10972 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Phil - Getting self adhesive decals in the right place without making a mess of them.
This might not sound right but I can assure you it works o.k - wet the surface with a mixture
of water & washing up liquid, this will allow you to easily slide the decal into position & then gently
squeeze the liquid out.
You can even run a moderately hot iron over them & listen to the sizzle as the water escapes as steam.
Colin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

More
7 years 5 months ago #10974 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Pepsi Chipmunk Build
Very little washing up liquid...homeopathy levels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds