Provost

• Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #4724 by
Replied by on topic Provost
Should have all the undercart finished for next week, had to make the legs and tail gear to look scale and heavy enough, then I can start on the big task the cowl and canopy, big jobs but a good way to test my soldering etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4730 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic Provost
Nice one frank B) I am really pleased how the build has gone really enjoyed it ,superb laser parts,quality balsa and lite ply pack from balsa cabin.
Come on boy's get building,if you have never built from plans before keep it simple to start with and give it a go, it is so rewarding turning a load of balsa and ply into something that fly's ;)
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by flyingpete. Reason: text

More
8 years 11 months ago #4776 by Dante
Replied by Dante on topic Provost

flyingpete wrote: Just thought I would share with all you prospective builders wet rolling balsa around tight curves

Out of interest Pete how do you do your wetting, I normally used a steam gun which puts heat and wet onto the balsa, accurate but a little slow, but found it better that an all over soak?

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 11 months ago #4807 by flyingpete
The provost building will be back full on from next week and I hope to hand the finished model to frank around the end of the month. On Sunday frank showed me the sprung oleo leg he had machined up,bloody fantastic is all I can say.The cowl and canopy are going to take some skills and time with the soldering iron but I'm sure frank will rise to the challenge

Pete

• flyingpete
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 11 months ago #4817 by flyingpete
Thought I would have an easy afternoon hinging the control surfaces on the provost, Wrong
On a normal build the ailerons and flaps and elevators are cut out and edged after construction of the said wing and tailplane so it is guaranteed everything lines up. On the provost the control surfaces are built up separate and this is where a major problem arose. When the ailerons, flaps and elevator ribs were laser cut they forgot to deduct the thickness of the top and bottom sheeting so they turned out1/8 to thick to fit in the trailing edge frise shrouds.
This is a real set back as I will have to scrap the control surfaces I have made, cut new ribs to the correct size and construct new ailerons, flaps and elevators.

More
8 years 11 months ago #4821 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Provost
Oh dear! Things are going "tits up" just lately Pete?

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds