New 50E F3A

More
7 years 2 months ago #11777 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic New 50E F3A

PhilF51 wrote: Twin wings been around a fair while

A shame that they never came up with a word to describe twin wing planes ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #11778 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic New 50E F3A
Chris, if you want to bring the schedule with you next time, I am more than happy to help

More
7 years 2 months ago #11779 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic New 50E F3A
I did like my Miss Wind, did my B cert with it..... Nothing quite compared to the Angel S for me though.
Be interesting to try this Wind with the additional wing.

Chris, they're right about practicing something! Does help otherwise you only ever do what you're comfortable doing!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #11780 by
Replied by on topic New 50E F3A
Hi Dave,

Not seen you in a while, Jon was lamenting your need to stay in for the plasterer on Saturday.

I had 'the chat' from both Jon and Chris on Saturday, Jon said nice things that gave me a warm fuzzy glow like, "stop pointing it aimlessly at the sky" Which I thought was rich coming from someone who is often trying to fly his plane like a helicopter. Chris was uncharacteristically blunt :woohoo:

But I got the 'subtle' hint ;)

It seems these duo winged planes are the current trend in F3a.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #11781 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic New 50E F3A
Gromit gave me permission to divert from topic writing:

So being the originator of this thread and assuming no more authority than my station in life deserves, I doff my cap to you sir and request you post your comment.

Thanks for the offer Chris but it was going to be about biplanes, and typical of my nit-picking style, so I've decided to let it rest for now. I'll keep your kind consent handy to use on a more propitious occasion.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by DavidTappin. Reason: the usual, to correct a spelling mistake

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #11782 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic New 50E F3A
Rise to the challenge Grom'
There is an F3A competition at Beaulieu later this year and they are always very welcoming of newbies and you won't be embarrased whatever you do. I would however suggest you go for the 'intermediate' (or 'indeterminate' in my case) as the basic schedule would bore you.
I will be learning it one bit at a time and adding polish with Jason's help and usually some guidance from Jon/Mitch and maybe now Chris73. I suggest that this would suit you better than IMAC as your models are not IMAC compliant but totally F3A suited.
You will find that once you have mastered the basic manouvres the main skill is stiching them together and keeping the model in the vertical plane which requires learning subtle rudder control.
As the other guys said, your pleasure flying will improve enormously once you master a schedule.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by JRI.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds