New 50E F3A

More
7 years 3 months ago #11783 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic New 50E F3A
I've watched this thread and the contents have made me smile. Its nice to know that fellow fliers can be rude to each other, but never come to blows or end up bad friends. Aerobatics is(are?) a skill that has eluded me, so much so I downloaded a book called "Mastering Radio Controlled Flight", bit of an overkill, all I want to do is the fairly simple aeros needed for the BMFA B test. The book goes way beyond anything I could possibly achieve, but it has proved useful. It has comprehensive instructions for trimming, even has diagrams of the stick positions during manoeuvres, finally the book ends with all the gen on Aresti diagrams.
My copy is home made, printed on A4 paper. If anyone would like it, let me know and I'll bring it to the field.
Keep the banter going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JonTappin,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #11784 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic New 50E F3A
GBR/CAA F3A Manoeuvre Descriptions
Intermediate Schedule

I-01 Take-off Sequence
I-02 Triangular Loop (Base at the bottom):
From upright on the baseline pass centre and pull through a 3/8 loop into a 45° up line. Pull through a ¼ loop positioned on the centre line into a 45° down line. Pull through a 3/8 loop to exit upright at baseline height.
I-03 Stall Turn, Full Roll Up:
From upright on the baseline pull through a ¼ loop into a vertical up line, perform a full roll, followed by a stall turn into a vertical down line. Pull through a ¼ loop to exit upright.
I-04 Four Point Roll:
From upright, perform 4 consecutive ¼ rolls, exit upright.
I-05 Immelmann Turn with Half Roll:
From upright pull into a half loop and immediately perform a half roll to exit upright.
I-06 Square Loop with ½ Rolls in legs 1 and 3:
From upright on the top line pass centre and push through a ¼ loop into a vertical down line. Perform a half roll centred on the vertical down line. Pull through a ¼ loop to upright on the baseline and fly past centre and pull through a ¼ loop to a vertical up line. Perform a half roll centred on the vertical up line. Push through a ¼ loop to exit upright on the top line.
I-07 Split S Full Roll, Exit Inverted:
From upright on the top line perform a full roll immediately followed by half an outside loop to exit inverted on the baseline.
Judging notes.
I-08 Cuban Eight with Half Rolls, Exit Inverted:
From inverted on the baseline fly past centre and push through 5/8 of an outside loop into a 45° down line. Perform a half roll in the centre of the 45° down line. Push through ¾ of an outside loop into a 45° down line. Perform a half roll in the centre of the 45° down line. Push through a 1/8 loop to exit inverted on the baseline.
I-09 Humpty Bump Push, Pull, Pull:
From inverted on the baseline push through a ¼ loop into a vertical up line. At the top of the vertical up line pull through a half inside loop into a vertical down line. At the bottom of the down line, pull through a ¼ loop to exit upright on the baseline.
I-10 Figure S:
From upright on the baseline on centre pull through half an inside loop and immediately push into half an outside loop to exit upright on the top line.
I-11 Figure 6, Half roll down:
From upright on the top line, push into a vertical down line. Perform a half roll centred on the vertical down line. At the bottom of the down line, push through ¾ of an outside loop to exit upright at mid height.
I-12 Knife Edge, Exit Inverted:
From upright at mid height before centre perform a ¼ roll (either direction) into knife edge. Past centre perform a ¼ roll to exit inverted at mid height.
I-13 Half Loop:
From inverted at mid height, push through half a loop to exit upright on the top line.
I-14 Three Turn Spin:
From upright on the top line, on the centre line of the box perform three consecutive spins followed by a vertical down line. At bottom of vertical down line, pull through a ¼ loop followed by a well-defined, straight line to exit upright on the baseline.
I-15 Landing Sequence
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by JRI.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 3 months ago #11788 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic New 50E F3A

JRI wrote: GBR/CAA F3A Manoeuvre Descriptions
Intermediate Schedule

Blimey, even I can understand that flight schematic........... :lol: Gone off electronics just lately ;)

Good post John.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 3 months ago #11796 by
Replied by on topic New 50E F3A

Jet Man wrote: I will be learning it one bit at a time and adding polish with Jason's help and usually some guidance from Jon/Mitch and maybe now Chris73.

John, I'm curious, what plane will you be flying? Not the spare you're keeping for me? And nice to see that Jason has persuaded you to try F3a again, doesn't this happen every year and then you remember you like flying fast planes :P

Jet Dude wrote: I suggest that this would suit you better than IMAC as your models are not IMAC compliant but totally F3A suited.

I'm not looking to compete, so I was just looking for a simple scheduled that would be a challenge, but hopefully doable. I feel the F3a intermediate is so beyond my skill level that I'd never be able to cope, I'd fall to pieces and quiver quietly in the corner... and that's even before contemplating competing, I've heard the stories of stronger men than me loose it as soon as the competition starts, even Chris73 said he had a twinge of nerves before his 1st comp ;) But saying all that, I really love the F3a flying so I want to learn how to fly like that.

Jet Ace wrote: ...which requires learning subtle rudder control.

:pinch: (in denial)

When is the Beaulieu date, I'd love to go and watch it.

All the best, Gromit

More
7 years 3 months ago #11797 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic New 50E F3A
Don't be so ridiculous Chris...nerves before a toy plane competition?

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #11799 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic New 50E F3A

DaveBright wrote: Don't be so ridiculous Chris...nerves before a toy plane competition?

We are steely eyed toy model men .. as demonstrated at NATS by ex WMAC bloke...

Who came a close second place to the invisible man...

and a bloke in the red shirt who probably needed to visit the portaloo urgently..
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by JRI.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds