Project Fun Fly Bomber

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #15761 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Project Fun Fly Bomber
Day of packing for holiday tomorrow so tools and mess has to cleared up, so I have got the Bomber virtually finished.

Found some S3003 servos so they are now fitted for elevator and rudder. Had to open up the firewall to allow the ESC to sit in the hole and in air flow. Cowl had to be "hacked" a bit more to clear motor drive adaptor. Bomb Bay Unit working and now fitted. (Drops golf balls and medium eggs) Operates on the gear switch which I have programmed to be the lower left on the JR therefore right thumb stays on aileron/elevator. Motor is a bit odd sounding on start up but runs fine when opened up.(Typical NTM) Battery floor installed.

Jobs to do: Lock up front wheel leg. (No steering - just throttle up and use rudder;) A permanent place for receiver. Securing mechanism for Lipo. (It has to slide up into the tank area). Decide on location of RX battery pack. Fit a suitable prop depending on 4 cell or 5 cell power and current draw. Test fly!
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago #15762 by Phil Ford
Quick flick! :lol:

More
6 years 2 months ago #15763 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Project Fun Fly Bomber
Nice one Phil - Enjoy your holiday.
Colin

More
6 years 2 months ago #15773 by Dave Rogers
Replied by Dave Rogers on topic Project Fun Fly Bomber
Phil something fell off?

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #15774 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Project Fun Fly Bomber

PhilF51 wrote: drops golf balls

I remember toffee bombers and a field full of kids running to collect them. Golf balls sounds like a lot more fun
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by MikeSeale.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago #15860 by Phil Ford
After spending numerous hours/days on this project and after some Winter sun decided to finish the job which just needed a battery carrier, a lock mechanism for the same and a suitable Lipo of which I thought I had quite few to choose from. Before jetting off last month I tested the motor power no four and then 5 cells. Five would be ideal and the weight of the lipo would balance the model nicely.

However, after making the battery carrier which has available length of 125mm for a lipo and a locking bracket it was time to pick one of my 5 cell lipos. Just a few minutes ago I have just come to the conclusion that I am flogging a dead horse here with this electric conversion. There no batteries of reasonable capacity and cell count that will fit in a 125mm space. After minutes of head scratching I have realised that all my previous time of constructing a motor box, etc has been wasted. I therefore have no other options left and am planning now on fitting an OS46 oiler and tank.

The only thing that does work well is the bomb bay module so that is an "upside"

Seriously considering transferring this post to "Stories of Stupidity" Or put two conblocs into my back pack and see if I can swim across Hamworthy Bay (Yes, when the tide is in) tonight wearing only a pair of Speedos with my WMAC member card tucked into the waist band for identification purposes .;)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds