Project Fun Fly Bomber

More
6 years 2 months ago #15927 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Project Fun Fly Bomber
Another thought on long take-off run with a trike U/C. Are the main wheels in the right place? Not too far back from the C of G ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #15933 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Project Fun Fly Bomber

MikeSeale wrote: You suggest that the model is flying nicely at half throttle...so it had enough power. A longer noseleg might have been the only fix needed instead of adding more power.
Also consider that it will unstuck better when the grass is shorter and drier.

You may be right there Mike but tried to cover two bases in one go. ;) The NTM 42 motor was a bit noisy but there again it's an NTM.....:lol:

Brian if you look at the images it has a "tractor" wheel for nose wheel...:lol:

To evaluate the changes waiting on the rain to stop sometime. Grrrr.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
6 years 2 months ago #15940 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Project Fun Fly Bomber
Yes indeed, that's a fine big nose wheel. But, looking at the earlier photos, I wonder if the main U/C can be fitted either way round? So if the legs are raked back slightly, reversing the U/C would bring the wheels closer to the C of G and might make taking off a bit easier.
Just one more thing, in your post of March 4th. You wrote ........"with the compliments of Barnes Wallace" I'm surprised that David didn't remark on that one. Wallace is either Wallace as in" Wallace and Gromit" or a Scottish King of long ago.. It should be "Wallis" as in "Bouncing Bomb".

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago #15941 by Phil Ford
You are nearly correct in your statement. Except that a very clever dog who shall remain nameless gave all the necessary requirements for a successful bomb drop. but he never got the recognition. He even got the blame for the wrong trousers from his human counterpart as usual. ;)

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #15943 by Phil Ford
A window of opportunity arose this afternoon so took the "bomber" and some other electric quick assembles and glad I did. A reasonable few hours it turned out to be. Bomber Trainer seems to have better taking off now although the larger prop for it did not arrive today so used the 13 inch APC. Landings though are glide in with a little power although today was a bit breezy.

Hate it though when I am up there on my own - Sad sod....;)

Watching Tuesday's weather with interest.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
6 years 2 months ago #15944 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic Project Fun Fly Bomber
Phil reported

Hate it though when I am up there on my own - Sad sod

No offence Phil but I do worry about flying alone. Remember what happened to John Norbury could happen to an equally careful person. Thank the Lord there were first aiders present that day. Be safe and please don't end up being an even sadder sod.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.560 seconds