Sebart Mythos Throws

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #9317 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Sebart Mythos Throws
Chris - Do not loctite the locating screw. Read the info on metal gear servos! Just make sure you have the star washer underneath the screw head and tighten. If you have to return the servo due to failure they will throw it back at you when they spot the blue.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Phil Ford.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #9320 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Sebart Mythos Throws

Chris001 wrote: With servos with metal output shafts, do you loctite the arm retaining screw, or is the grippy washer enough?

I always Loctite them (Just vibration proof, not permanent loctite)

I dont care what the instructions say, on a petrol model the screw wouldn't be in there for more than 5 minutes without Loctite, might not be so bad on an electric model, but personally i wouldn't risk it. Lose a servo arm there is a very good possibility that you could lose the model!!
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Chris73. Reason: Can't spell

More
7 years 9 months ago #9321 by Chris73
By the way, where were you Chris??

I was the only one at the field today and it was perfect flying weather B)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #9324 by
Replied by on topic Sebart Mythos Throws
Chris,

After the barrage of insults and cutting remarks from certain people yesterday about the lack of progress with my Mythos I felt compelled to forgo the flying and enjoyment of your good company today, and see if I could make some small but noticeable progress with the Mythos... And progress has been made, not much grant you, but yep, things have moved forward... sort of. In between my procrastination driven innovative and studious building style, going forward, I flew my little helicopter, I think I could be tempted over to the helicopter world. :evil:

Back to servo arm screws, we have one vote for loctite and one no loctite vote... Phil I don't think JR servos come with instructions, just specs. Phil you said read the info on metal gear servos, is that on this site, or an external link?

More
7 years 9 months ago #9325 by Chris73
OK, no more cutting remarks from me

Now stop p***ing around and get the bloody thing finished!!!!

More
7 years 9 months ago #9329 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Sebart Mythos Throws
Chris

I have never previously used threadlock on output screws and relied on the star washer. However I recently had an arm come off on the Sukhoi because the screw came out, luckily it was on one aileron and each has 2 servos, but on a single servo surface it could have been a big problem. I will now be using threadlock on metal output shafts. To me, risking a warranty issue is less of a concern then risking losing a model.

Oh and by the way, get on with it!!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds