Sebart Mythos Throws

More
8 years 1 week ago #8610 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Sebart Mythos Throws

JonTappin wrote: Chris

Dave is right except that you will not want the 40° 3D rate and will not need that much either for a spin.

I would set your high rate deflection to the 40% rate so around 16°, but set your linkage up to get this at around 130% travel volume or just a bit under the max figure for your radio (JR is max 150%). Then set your low rate at 12°.

Use the expo figures that they quote for each, so 50% at high and 30% for low.

I would do the same for aileron and elevator.

For rudder, set as much throw as you can get and start with around 30% expo.

What happened to 'up a bit, down a bit, little soft etc...'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #8613 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Sebart Mythos Throws

DaveBright wrote:
What happened to 'up a bit, down a bit, little soft etc...'

That's basically what I said just with more detail :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #9266 by
Replied by on topic Sebart Mythos Throws
Joy of of joys I have my servos back, that's the good news, the bad news is that within minutes of working on the Mythos I wanted to throw in the towel, but I'll spare you all the details. My current issue is with the rudder set up, the manual suggest for 'Option 1' using a pull pull system, and this seems to have been adopted by most the build threads I've found even if they originally put the servo in the tail.

The manual clearly shows the JR servo arm to use, I have that arm :cheer: the outer holes are 40mm apart... the holes in the rudder horns are 50mm apart :angry: so that's not going to work. So I resign myself to buying another servo arm, maybe like this:

But why is it that where ever I see this they can't supply the one useful piece of info.... the hole spacing?

Can anyone point me to a JR compatible double arm with 50mm hole spacing, as I'm struggling to find one?

Sorry for the rant.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #9267 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Sebart Mythos Throws
I cannot remember what arm I used on the Angel but will try and look it up. I have come across this issue numerous times. On two occasions I found an arm and drilled the said spacing myself, luckily the holes were in between the pre-drilled ones.

Edit: Just checked my Angel out in the garage. I used a Hitec MG servo and these servos come with some large black plastic arms. i used a double arm and the holes one in from the ends was perfect match for the rudder horns.

An alternative possibly if your up to it, is to use something like this, the spread is adjustable. Her eis an example www.probuild-uk.co.uk/index.php?route=pr..._710&product_id=2508

I have used this on a couple of my modelsrather than the supplied horns to save any more agro.... ;)

Hold On! Chris your last input was the 10th April, 3 months ago. Stringing it out a bit.... :lol:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 9 months ago #9268 by
Replied by on topic Sebart Mythos Throws
Hi Phil,

I had an issue with my servos and they were sent back on 15th or April, I got them back today, 13th July! :woohoo: Otherwise the Mythos would have been finished before the Atlas.

Thanks for looking at your Angel, alas different servos... If I've not sourced an arm by the weekend, I might make one up out of fiberglass and glue it to an existing servo arm.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #9269 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic Sebart Mythos Throws
Try this one Chris, Secraft 2.5in JR, according to the drawing the middle holes are 50.8mm apart

www.hobbyplastic.co.uk/index.php?main_pa..._75&products_id=7572

www.macgregor.co.uk/secraft/SEC019.htm
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by JonTappin.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds