Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14239 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
I think I read somewhere that Yes, you do have to flash the receivers. I think it is done with small servo lead modified. You will need a needle to lift the tabs on the servo plug to swap the wires round. But there again you knew that.;)

I followed this post: www.dronetrest.com/t/how-to-upgrade-your...-x8r-x4r-x4r-sb/1667

PS: HobbyKing are sending out my replacement Taranis today! Not bad only 10 days and one chase up....:whistle: So I'll be back to fiddling soon.:)
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14240 by 4Pedalsfly
Replied by 4Pedalsfly on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

Brian wrote: Finally the bootloader was updated to version 2.2. I thought that was that. Now I find that it isn't just a matter of binding the receiver to the Tx, the receiver has to be flashed with the latest firmware first. I did a quick run through this morning, looks more complicated than updating the transmitter.

Hi Brian - There's a regular number of Taranus tx's come up for sale on the BMFA website, new in box, will stick with my existing tx etc, following this thread I can understand why.
Let us know when you fly a model with it & we will crack a bottle at Cashmoor in celebration.
Colin

More
6 years 6 months ago #14242 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
If a new transmitter and receiver is purchased it will come with the latest firmware on both tx and rx and there will be no need to flash anything. I don't know how much was saved buying used and only Brian can judge whether it was worth it.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14243 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
I must admit that I did begin to think that I'd have been better off with a new Taranis. However, for the price of approximately £40 less than A transmitter/X8R combo. I have the following. Taranis X9D+. Version 2.2 firmware and bootlogger, EU-LBT compliant. One XJT module (also EU-LBT). One XJT module compatible with Futaba FASST, with one OrangeRX receiver. Two Frsky X8R receivers, one Frsky V8FR-II receiver, two Frsky variometer sensors, one Frsky fuel level indicator, one Frsky sensor hub all plus a handful of assorted cables with interesting connectors. A bonus I didn't expect after fiddling with the update to the SD card was that the audio now has an English accent, now that has to be better! With all the telemetry bits to distract me, I'll have even more reasons for crashing a model.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14244 by Brian
Colin, its all in the mind.............honest! The Taranis is different, but with help from Mike and useful suggestions from a couple of members, I have at last got an up to date legal
system. Looking back at the exercise, I seemed to have made it look rather more dramatic than it was in reality. Thanks for the offer to crack a bottle, the first of my models to have Frsky/Taranis gear will be the Gurke electric glider. The Frsky receiver is about the same size as a postage stamp, but a lot thicker.

More
6 years 6 months ago #14245 by Brian
Phil, I followed the Dronetest site, one of the few that aren't American. The other site I found was "Oscar Liang.com". Good step by step instructions for Rx flashing/updating.
and designed to be printed out.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds