Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #14873 by
Replied by on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Brian,

I can't help thinking your problem isn't electrical, you said you have a healthy signal when the TX is turned on, this suggests the transmitter module is working, however you get nothing in bind mode! I could be wrong but I think it is highly unlikely that there is anything electrically different between the two operating states, I'm guessing normally when you put the TX into bind mode the software is looking to do a handshake with the RX, i.e. it's just different data, but still data.

What you describe seems to suggest OpenTX has turned off the signal for some reason, in a similar way to the OpenTX telling the transmitter module to reduce power in range finding mode. Or not to use the internal module if you've selected the external module. I don't know if Open TX reduced output power in bind mode, it would seem sensible considering the likely close proximity of TX and RX during that process, but again I don't know.

You said you had a dodgy USB cable, is it worth doing a fresh installation of OpenTX. And maybe even the transmitter module Firmware?

Just going back to when you put your TX in bind mode, does the black box around [Bind] blink?

Another thing might be to quickly create a new model and try binding that, just incase there is a corruption of your original model memory, I think this is unlikely, but takes only a minute so worth a go.

It's a funny one, and might be a combination of things, for example RX that is flashed to EU LBT but the TX module still running on an older firmware (or vice versa) so no hand shake, and the volume pot down on your radio so you don't hear the beeps!

Before putting your hand in your pocket I suggest you put up a post up on RC groups in the X9D section, some of the developers hang out there and will know the interactions between Hardware, Software and Firmware, and hopefully have the knowledge to get up and running again.

I'm sorry I can't off any real help, my knowledge is limited to the problems I've had and they have mostly been of my own making, or a misunderstanding of how it all works.

Best of luck, Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14874 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Thanks Chris, that's a lot to take in, but I'll work my way through it. The speaker's OK , makes all the right sounds but no binding beep. Internal mode is selected, reads"D16". Tried D8 , made no difference. Black box around "bind" blinks after pressing enter button. Tried creating a new model,no effect. Had a really good look at the circuit boards in case there was something obvious like a loose connector or a damaged component. I'll re-load OpenTX etc. If that doesn't work, I'll replace the boards and Tx module, likely to be cheaper than buying an expert's time to fault find and rectify, assuming I could find someone, (plus two lots of postage). One thing's for certain, life with a Taranis ain't dull!

More
6 years 5 months ago #14878 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Moving away from Brian's woes for a while, the following series of video tutorials are supposed to be good. I've not watched them myself but the topics look to be pitched at the new user and not someone looking for complex programming.

Mark Harrison videos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

More
6 years 5 months ago #14879 by Brian
The "how to" videos are very good, unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a video of what to do when the Taranis doesn't do "what it says on the tin".
When three professional radio repairers can't believe that the Taranis has a strong signal, but no bind signal. All three advised board replacement as fault finding would be too costly.
I thought I'd explored all the possibilities, bench covered in printouts ( I can't remember the video instructions) and a nearly working Taranis.
There was one last thing to do after I'd removed all the information I'd keyed in.
Factory Reset.
At switch on after the reset, the firmware and bootloader issue was still V2.2.0.
The bind button still flashed.
The only difference was, now it was beeping.
Well! Fancy that!

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 5 months ago #14882 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

Brian wrote: Factory Reset.
At switch on after the reset, the firmware and bootloader issue was still V2.2.0. The bind button still flashed. The only difference was, now it was beeping.

Think of computers Brian. If all else fails then "Reboot" or in Windows PC - "Windows Restart", Smart Phone "Factory Settings" ......;) And start again.

You have not stated that you have now successfully "paired" with RX?

More
6 years 5 months ago #14885 by Brian
Didn't want to push my luck Phil. Probably the next step will be to flash the receiver, I'll do it later.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds