So I Bought A Horus

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #22353 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic So I Bought A Horus
Ok, so FrOS in doing some of the work for us is also hiding additional functionality. Thanks for that Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #22354 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic So I Bought A Horus
If you need a demo then let me know and I will post one up. You have to set up the values in Telemetry . I think Painless360 has a demo of the main telemetry screen set up so the widget can read it.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Phil Ford. Reason: Went too far ahead for initial set up
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanF

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #22355 by AlanF
Cheers Phil, Those Painless360 vids are very good, I've just looked at his implementation of controling an excavator bucket using global variables - helps to give some insight into the tools available. I also started looking at some glider wing programming on rc-soar - and backed away very quickly ;) I still hate OpenTX but it does seem very powerful. :)
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by AlanF.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #22357 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic So I Bought A Horus

AlanF wrote: I still hate OpenTX but it does seem very powerful. :)

I was a bit dubious at first myself but after some playing around and got the general idea. I thought it is just like software programming but using UI (user interface). So flexible I love it now and and have a love/hate relationship with JR. :lol: Hoping the "gas engine" suite module comes down in price in the future. Hopefully we can get up the field in a few weeks and then we can go through the Horus options properly.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Phil Ford.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #22359 by AlanF
I think the acid test will be how much swearing is required when it comes to modifying a plane setup at the field. I prefer the Futaba/FrOS approach but that's what I'm used to. Despite my moaning, I'm actually enjoying learning OpenTX, especially given the current situation, and promise to present a positive attitude from now on :)
It'll be interesting to see if I'm prepared to switch back to FrOS once FrSky fix the bugs - I'm not holding my breath for that.

More
3 years 11 months ago #22361 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic So I Bought A Horus
Making adjustments is fairly easy but you won't have very many people who can help you if something more complex is needed. So dual rates, expo and so on are simple. But if someone flies your model and says you need a throttle to elevator mix then you'll be on your own.

Regarding the glider templates you saw on RC-SOAR...don't dismiss them too quickly...if you have a Zagi or similar it would be worth taking a look at the 'Wingy' template. There isn't much to it and if you get your head around this one it opens up a lot of possibilities for other things. For example, the way he has used logical switches and in flight adjustments makes setting up so much easier. I used this template as a starting point for my F-105 EDF and being able to adjust the differential in flight meant that I had axial rolls dialled in on the first flight.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.522 seconds