So I Bought A Horus

More
3 years 11 months ago #22368 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic So I Bought A Horus
Another certain person (no name at present) installed an S6R upside down (well it was upright in the plane) ;) but forgot to tell the LUA script that the RX was inverted. In stabilise mode the model suddenly rolled upside down and flew for a short period before accelerating into terra firma whilst trying to understand why and pulling on the stick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #22369 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic So I Bought A Horus
:) I'm expecting something similar, it'll be short but magnificent. As I'm using the Extravanganza there's a chance I'll knock it back into shape! Actually I'll be impressed if the stabilisation manages to fly it at all. It'll be a good test if it does.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #22370 by Phil Ford
I used S1 to adjust the level of stabilisation. You should see in the file I sent how to set it up. With the knob in central position or just below seems about right otherwise you might end up fighting it. Auto is "Panic mode" and it reacts bloody fast. Make sure the RX is level with plane's centre line. If that is not possible then you have to make compensation changes in the LUA script. My Mustang's battery floor I thought was level - it wasn't and I struggled to stop it climbing like a rocket . :ohmy:
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Phil Ford.

More
3 years 11 months ago #22371 by JonTappin
Replied by JonTappin on topic So I Bought A Horus

AlanF wrote: :) I'm expecting something similar, it'll be short but magnificent. As I'm using the Extravanganza there's a chance I'll knock it back into shape! Actually I'll be impressed if the stabilisation manages to fly it at all. It'll be a good test if it does.

Can't believe you're using my Extravaganza as a test bed Alan, no respect for a top spec airframe, I didn't sell it to you so you could abuse it!

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #22372 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic So I Bought A Horus

JonTappin wrote:

AlanF wrote: :) I'm expecting something similar, it'll be short but magnificent. As I'm using the Extravanganza there's a chance I'll knock it back into shape! Actually I'll be impressed if the stabilisation manages to fly it at all. It'll be a good test if it does.

Can't believe you're using my Extravaganza as a test bed Alan, no respect for a top spec airframe, I didn't sell it to you so you could abuse it!

It's mostly bullet tape and UHU POR now. Each time I crash it it's getting more and more difficult to tell if I've actually broken anything. The motor is gradually migrating out of the remains of the fuselage and is giving 10 to 15 degrees of side thrust. The tailplane stays about 30 degrees behind the main wing in a roll and the servos are starting to give up the ghost with lots of jitter on the elevator and one aileron. It's not boring to fly!, but it's a plane that definitely needs a dodgy Rx to complete the picture.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by AlanF.

More
3 years 11 months ago #22373 by Phil Ford

AlanF wrote: It's not boring to fly!, but it's a plane that definitely needs a dodgy Rx to complete the picture.

Now we get it! Alan wants a perfectly good air-frame stabilised to cover up piloting skills and then blame the "dodgy" RX. :lol: :evil:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds