So I Bought A Horus

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 11 months ago #22427 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic So I Bought A Horus
Bearing in mind the first time I use it there's a danger I'll either stand on it and rip my ear off or catch it in the prop and decapitate myself, so I don't want anything too sturdy. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #22829 by AlanF
Having jumped through hoops getting the Frsky S6R stabilised Rx to work with the Horus the very next Rx I've chosen to use, the RX6R, is DOA. I was looking at getting a PRO series RX to use with my petrol plane but they are on permanent pre-order - and Archer seems to be just a ghostly wraith drifting through the internet- I have mixed feelings about my choice of TX now. Is it always going to be like this?
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by AlanF.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #22830 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic So I Bought A Horus
It's as if a pandemic was halting global industry and shipping!

In normal times the availability of FrSky items is quite good but you do have a much smaller distributor base than many other brands, so if T9 does not have stock you cannot phone around and find it elsewhere.

I've got 5 RX6R receivers and all worked flawlessly. I've probably had 20+ other FrSky receivers over the last 10 years and have had mostly positive experiences.

I had a X6R receiver that had poor range. This was replaced by T9
I have two RX8R Pro receivers that are currently under investigation at T9/FrSky -

I still like my Horus and have no intentions of changing, but my personal opinion is that they have made some poor decisions in the last 12-18 months
  • They had a solid system with ACCST and then they developed ACCESS and put it out before it was properly tested. They have had a load of problems since and this has prevented them rolling it out as quickly as they would have wanted.
  • People who had recently bought a Horus X10S just prior to the release of the X10 Express felt peeved that they had spent money on a transmitter that was not 'up to date' and FrSky pandered to them and released an upgrade module so that the older transmitters could talk ACCESS. They did this without proper testing and it has caused a huge problem that is still not fully resolved.

These issues have possibly had an impact on the roll out of ACCESS and ARCHER receivers.

Sit tight and it will hopefully turn out to be a wise decision buying your Horus
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by MikeSeale.

More
3 years 10 months ago #22831 by DavidTappin
Replied by DavidTappin on topic So I Bought A Horus
This is all black magic to me but, if it's any help I have a couple FrSky receivers which came out of two of Stuart's models, free to a good home.

V8FR-II
V8FR

PM me if you are interested.

David

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #22832 by AlanF

DavidTappin wrote: This is all black magic to me but, if it's any help I have a couple FrSky receivers which came out of two of Stuart's models, free to a good home.

V8FR-II
V8FR

PM me if you are interested.

David

PM sent ( just need to check compatibility)

Update: Sadly these are not compatible with my 10S Express so I'll have to pass on the offer.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by AlanF.

More
3 years 10 months ago #22833 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic So I Bought A Horus

AlanF wrote: I was looking at getting a PRO series RX to use with my petrol plane but they are on permanent pre-order

Plenty in stock today at T9 - www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-rx8r-pro-receiver

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds