So I Bought A Horus

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #22832 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic So I Bought A Horus

DavidTappin wrote: This is all black magic to me but, if it's any help I have a couple FrSky receivers which came out of two of Stuart's models, free to a good home.

V8FR-II
V8FR

PM me if you are interested.

David

PM sent ( just need to check compatibility)

Update: Sadly these are not compatible with my 10S Express so I'll have to pass on the offer.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by AlanF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #22833 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic So I Bought A Horus

AlanF wrote: I was looking at getting a PRO series RX to use with my petrol plane but they are on permanent pre-order

Plenty in stock today at T9 - www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-rx8r-pro-receiver

More
3 years 10 months ago #22835 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic So I Bought A Horus
Wow so there is stock! I would choose the Pro RX for petrol IC engines but only for the access to rpm, temp, fuel flow from their Gas Module and the data being collect by a LUA script on the TX.

More
3 years 10 months ago #22836 by MikeSeale
The RX8R Pro supposedly has an extra layer of filtering so that the ignition spark does not affect range/performance. I think this is why the pro receiver is desirable for petrol engines.

Regarding the telemetry, all X-series receivers can get the telemetry you've described can't they?

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #22837 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic So I Bought A Horus

MikeSeale wrote:

AlanF wrote: I was looking at getting a PRO series RX to use with my petrol plane but they are on permanent pre-order

Plenty in stock today at T9 - www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-rx8r-pro-receiver

Thanks for that Mike, they have been on pre-order for several weeks.

Seing your video does make me a little nervous , I thought the pro was meant to address transient electrical interference from electronic ignition units so I'm suprised at the channel interference problems demonstrated.

I'll grab a pro anyway for testing with my petrol engine. I'm also interested in lookig at dual RXand redundancy bus setups at some point.

The RX6R has gone back to T9 for Richard to have a look at. Lots of fun fault finding this with two isrm firmwares, two accst firmwares and one access firmware to try - almost like being back at work :)

It will all be worth while I'm sure - I'm really pleased with the S6R the stabilisation functionality is very impressive.

More
3 years 10 months ago #22838 by MikeSeale
I'm sure that I'm just unlucky with my pro receivers and I'd be surprised if you had the same issues.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds