So I Bought A Horus

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #22324 by AlanF
Replied by AlanF on topic So I Bought A Horus
No - no cheating for me, good heavens no. Nope, not at all. It will be going into the Extravaganza for purely experimental purposes.

Seriously, once I'm satisfied that the whole shooting match is reliable I want to get some telemetry for my Avanti to keep track of Lipo voltage. The Lipo voltage telemetry unit looks to be really useful.

Colour is black with black switch and pot legends :ohmy:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by AlanF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #22328 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic So I Bought A Horus
Defintely a lipo voltage module plugged into the Smart Port. Then make some settings to warn you when the pack is going low or a cell is out of range. That'll be in the near future....;) The voltage module is fitted in all of my juice hungry planes. You will need an 7 way extension for a six pack lipo (Hobbyking if available).
Attachments:

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #22332 by AlanF
Looking forward to playing with telemetry sensors. I would like temp sensors for Lipo but have not researched that yet.
Just getting to grips with the changes to ACCST and ACCESS, looks like Frsky have created a buggers muddle here and I've dropped into the middle of it. Staying with Futaba would have been so boring -Happy days.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by AlanF.

More
3 years 10 months ago #22334 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic So I Bought A Horus

AlanF wrote: Did you try FrOs before moving to openTX if so what were your thoughts on FrOs.?

Wouldn't it be great if someone had lent you a Taranis before you bought the Horus? Then you could have played with OpenTX and decided if you liked it or not!!!

But seriously, I did not even look at FrOS. Like Phil I flashed it with OTX straight away. But I'm coming from OTX (and Multiplex beforehand) so I am used to (and like) the complete freedom that this software gives you. I'm sure that FrOS is fine and you are unlikely to find a model setup that it can't achieve. But it is a menu driven software and one day you might want to do something that the programmer had not thought of. It's then that you have to either accept its limitations or change. And if you have already invested in FrOS you will be reluctant to (a) learn OTX and (b) re-program all your models.

• AlanF
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #22335 by AlanF
Fair point but I'm not sure it would have changed my attitude at the time.

I like the neat and tidy menu driven approach which Futaba and the look-a-like FrsOs gives. I really want FrOs to work but it does seem to lack some of the functionality of OpenTX. Only having access to the first 100 items of the Amber voice pack is an example. Poor or no implementation of LUA scripts is also an issue.

I take your point about having more granular programmability, especialy if more use is to be made of telemetry data.

The desperate truth is that various Frsky bugs around the S6R are going to force me into using OpenTX. I may have more questions!

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #22336 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic So I Bought A Horus

AlanF wrote: I like the neat and tidy menu driven approach

You will hate OpenTX

AlanF wrote: Only having access to the first 100 items of the Amber voice pack is an example.

Does FrOS allow you to create your own sounds? I realised a long time ago that the sound packs that are available for OTX only include a few sounds that I want to use and that some of those I do not like. So I now create my own custom sounds. My 'sound pack' probably has about 10 files because that's all I use.

AlanF wrote: Poor or no implementation of LUA scripts is also an issue.

Are you sure you need LUA scripts? I've seen some nice work with LUA but never felt the need to learn how to implement it - too much hassle for not a lot of advantage.

AlanF wrote: Frsky bugs around the S6R are going to force me into using OpenTX.

You could look at this two ways:

1. Stop messing around with stabilisers. You don't need them.
2. Stop procrastinating and change to OTX. You will have a steep learning curve and initially regret it, but once you get your head around it all of your niggles about FrOS will be forgotten.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by MikeSeale.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil Ford

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.460 seconds