Goldberg Super Chipmunk

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 1 month ago #21753 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Goldberg Super Chipmunk
Graphics turned up today from the USA (Callie Graphics). They are for Art Scholl's version for 1/6th scale although I won't be using all of them. These are great graphics. Peel off the backing, rub down firmly in position (you can use some soapy water to make them slide, etc) then gently lift off the top tape.

Callie hold popular plane graphics or will create custom graphics for you in any size.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 1 month ago #21765 by Phil Ford
Done some sticking on the Chippy fuselage this morning.
Attachments:

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #21785 by Phil Ford
As most work had been done I was looking forward to starting her up. Not so good. Running rough and I have never seen so much oil/fuel being sprayed about. I had a horrible feeling this was because the tank is too high compared to the carb. I could not extend the carb due to the mounting beam. No other choice but to lower the tank. That would also cause issues with battery position too. But as usual that became a day long slog. I was beginning to lose patience! Slept on it overnight and attacked it again on Sunday morning. It is long story to be a happy with the change of installation, re-position the receiver/regulator and then redesign the battery tray. Anyways, Sunday afternoon the anticipated start up. Fired up straight away leaned out the low end and it sat happily idling away and a nice transition. :) I did not do a final tune as it is Sunday and neighbours.

WHEN the weather settles a maiden might be nice and if I can remember where Cashmoor is. Looks like more crap weather until early next week........
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Phil Ford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #21898 by Phil Ford
Twiddling thumbs. Day 13. Eaten more chocolate than I would in a year. What can I do? Some graphics turned up on Saturday from the USA so today, Sunday done some cutting and sticking. Fuselage has stars running along the sides. I forgot to ask Carrie Graphics for some big blue stars so no choice but to cut my own out of Oracover. Scalpel and a pack of new blades later the plain white topside of the wing is starry.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by Phil Ford. Reason: Days on lockdown wrong

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #21901 by DaveBright
Replied by DaveBright on topic Goldberg Super Chipmunk
Nice Phil

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 4 weeks ago #21905 by Phil Ford
Landing gear fairings made up. I used the same idea that use for Pepsi's and it works most of time. 1/16th balsa cut from a paper template to get the right shape when folded. Balsa soaked in water till very pliable. Then VERY gently roll round some dowel rod the same size as the landing legs ( I previously cut some dowel, split them down the centre and then glued them back together on to the legs). Clamp up till dry. Cover with Oracover. They now clip on the legs. I stick them with a small amount of silicon so they stay in place but will give on impact or knocked with anything - just rotate back in to position afterwards. On the back edge I use either a small blob of silicon the keep the closed or a small strip of 3M Blenderm tape.

That's all for today. Got to go out for some much needed exercise before my legs become wasted. :(
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.516 seconds