BVM Mig.15

• JRI
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #11017 by JRI
Replied by JRI on topic BVM Mig.15

4Pedalsfly wrote: John - Simple - Just read the instructions, then start building as per P1.
Look forward to the build thread.
Colin

If all else fails then I read the instructions - being at the trailing edge of technology means I usually end up with a model covered in e'poxy finger prints and bits glued on upside down!
This one is special, so it's over to comrade Pete and I will do the damagement from behind Kevin's bottle of Hooch ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #11018 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic BVM Mig.15
I had the pleasure of seeing this "moment of madness" by JRI yesterday. ;) The quality is outstanding, the fuselage and wings are so smooth even a gecko wouldn't hang on to the surface. For the price it bloody needs to be 101%. Came with everything, Turbine, bits n bobs as you can see in the images.

Could be a New Years Day maiden then.......... :lol: :silly:

More
7 years 4 months ago #11022 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic BVM Mig.15
Morning Guy's
Firstly can I say that it is a Great honour to be asked by John to do the build /installation of the mig. To give you some idea of the quality this is the Rolls Royce of a model in build and paint finish.
As you can see from John's pictures there is a couple of hundred bits that have got to be fitted to complete the model. To go with this the build manual has about one hundred pages and about 10 different addendums.
Chilver aviation will be going on Christmas shutdown this week so not much will happen for a couple of weeks.
I'm aiming for early spring to finish the model as it will run alongside big Dave's f15

More
7 years 4 months ago #11029 by flyingpete
Replied by flyingpete on topic BVM Mig.15
I spent the afternoon reading every page of the manuals and cross reference all the addendums.
At first glance it looks a difficult build with all the information, but in reality what BVM have done is made it a very straight forward build with a superb attention to detail.I also like the pilots notes " This model has been tested to 180mph so don't exceed" at you own risk B)

More
7 years 4 months ago #11033 by simondean
Replied by simondean on topic BVM Mig.15
If anyone can turn this into a top model Pete you can. John is in safe hands.looking forward to the build thread once you get started. B)

More
7 years 4 months ago #11043 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic BVM Mig.15
It's gone very quiet at Pete's end. Either he is having a well earned break or he is still reading the manual or looking for part no 209a/ii left side. :lol:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds