Begin' Acro Glider

More
6 years 6 months ago #14228 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Begin' Acro Glider
[/quote]Done, but you realise it's now six hours before I can drop Chris 73's Karma again :evil:[/quote]

Unbelievable, your really not trying very hard Chris, only down to -10!!

I am insulted that you are putting in so little effort at reducing my karma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14229 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Begin' Acro Glider

Chris001 wrote: Hi Phil, might I direct you to my post of August 19th: wimbornemac.org/forum/roll-calls/1361-sa...ay-19th-august#13562 :evil:

It beggars belief that you have made so much effort to become the highest "Negative" on this Forum. I am not sure whether it is a record as there is no way of checking. Maybe, just maybe could you as much effort towards "Positive" just a little? :lol:

As a footnote I have been 5 since the beginning of time :huh: , I think it might be stuck.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #14357 by
Replied by on topic Begin' Acro Glider
I was about to write a lengthy and well documented update about, in no particular order, the twists and turns of my aileron endeavours, a leading edge profile jig, fitting of the snakes, and the inner turmoil I'm currently going though to decided whether to make it a pure sloper, or continue with my original plan to make it an electric glider... But then I remembered a remark that cut to the bone, and from someone who I was just developing the merest hint of respect for :huh: :

JonTappin wrote: Great progress Pete.

This is like an antidote to a Chris001 build thread ; )

It appears taking 10 months to put together a laser cut kit glider is just not fast enough for some ;)

More
6 years 6 months ago #14359 by Chris73
Replied by Chris73 on topic Begin' Acro Glider
Do you want me to finish it for you Chris :lol: :lol: :P
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14360 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Begin' Acro Glider

Chris73 wrote: Do you want me to finish it for you Chris :lol: :lol: :P

:lol:

I have noticed that my Karma has dropped by 1 (I never had much to start with anyway :( ) and Grommet's has dropped to an eyewatering -55 :ohmy:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #14426 by
Replied by on topic Begin' Acro Glider
Well things have moved on at a great pace, not quite up to Pete's speed, but, well, I'm not Pete.

First and foremost I should mention my great appreciation to Jon, for coming up with a solution to my short elevator conundrum. He was eager to know today if I'd put his advice into practice:

Nice to get the rudder hinged and seated, the carbon pushrod and teflon tubing are all new to me but it seems to work well:

I added intermediate snake supports, but I'm not sure they were strictly necessary. I made the holes a snug fit, but it now occurs to me that maybe a slightly larger hole would have been better as the tubing is soft enough to be pinched in a small hole and add a little friction to the pushrod:

And for the lovers of jigs, I made and nose rings alignment /clamping jig... image1
Attachments:

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds